+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: One of my best friends in the whole world shot himself this morning

Horrible to hear HIA, I feel for you. A colleague of mine did the same thing very recently, left behind a family. They weren't a friend, so I don't feel the loss personally like you, but it shakes you to the core.

As was said, try to help the family as much as you can, now and down the road. It's a terrible thing they have to live with. There's usually something deep, underlying in these instances when there isn't mental illness involved. I hope if it's something bad he was around or involved in, that the family doesn't necessarily have to find out, unless it would help their grieving process. They have enough to deal with the rest of their lives.

Stay strong, for them and yourself.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Shit I am so sorry to hear this. Such a sad sad thing for someone to do.

I just found out this weekend that someone I love very much is basically killing himself slowly right now with drugs. I have been contemplating calling him today...and now I know I will. Life is too short. Tell everyone you care about what they mean to you...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    do you have the slightest idea why he committed suicide?

raverboy
    chronic pain and methadone withdrawal.

So sorry that your friend was dealing with so much pain and now everyone who loved him is dealing with the pain now...

My friend who I am worried about is dealing with heroin/methadone withdrawal...self inflicted, but I know he is in a dark place. What can we do for the people we love that are in trouble?

Rick's methadone was prescribed for severe chronic pain. He and his wife recently moved from California to Texas to be near his family, and apparently there wasn't a doctor in town that was accepting patients.

Without a primary care physician to prescribe his meds, the best he could do was get a 3 day supply at the ER which was costing them more than they could afford.

Awful news. And what a shit health care service. What price a life eh? Apparently **** all to those who make the rules.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww, dude. this is very sad.

How ? Why did he do that?

That is so sad.

All the best to you and his wife and family.

its heart broken.

Sorry to hear HIA. Thinking of ya.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

It's 2+ months later... and I find that while most of the time I can deal, occasionally I find myself in tears. Like right now.

I loved that man like a brother - he was an old Army buddy of mine, known him for 22 years. Why the **** wouldn't/couldn't he call me? Why am I stuck dealing with this shit and he's gone and erased himself? It hurts so much. I

****ing asshole.

thats sad thou, may God give u guys strength and his family and wife

Dammit... just spent an hour+ on the phone with his sister - MY 'sister'. Oh ****ing hell, why's it hurt so much nearly a year later?

I'm so sorry for what you're going through HIA. I'm coming up to the 5th anniversary of someone very close to me making that same choice. I'd like to tell you it gets easier but it doesn't, you get more used to the person not walking through the door but that's about the best I can say, the hurt never goes away. Sorry

Who do I punch?

I just caught up on this thread. HIA, you're in my thoughts. Sending you (((hugs)))
    Never regret anything that has happened in your life. It cannot be changed, forgotten or undone. So, take it as a lesson learned and move on.

I know this thread was started long before I joined this site, but I'm very sorry for your loss, HIA. In the end, I always found it easier to remember the good times- the memories that people can never take away from you ever, instead of remembering the end. I hope you're okay, and if you need to talk, I'm here for you. *hugs*

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast