+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I stopped chasing her

I stopped chasing her

There's a girl at my work I really like a month ago we were texting a lot almost everyday. I realized that I was the one chasing her and I was the one that always started the text message, I was the one at work that always wanted to talk to her, help her out more. I was basically in the friend zone but was to stupid to see it. I read an article online about chasing which changed everything.

Now it's been 8days I haven't sent her a text message. And when I go to work I don't talk to her that much and I don't go up to her starting a conversation.

I was in the office yesterday alone and she came in telling me something about the store while she was talking her hair was in a knot but then she opened it and she kept eye contact. And now today she punched out and she said bye to me using my name I'm the only one that she actually used my name. When she left she came back in the store to buy something while I was at the register so I rung her up. While I was ringing her up her hair again was in a knot and she opened the knot again like yesterday. And she showed me a stain on her shirt for some reason but I wasn't paying attention to what she said.

Do guys think I should keep avoiding her and not texting her?

Do guys think I should keep avoiding her and not texting her?

yes.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

She'll text you if she wants to talk to you, which is doubtful. She just likes attention.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

Stop wasting your time......what you should have done was ask her out in the beginning and stop the cycle of "friends zone" from happening.

Just another attention seeker, mate. You seem like someone she doesn't deserve to get attention from anyway.
    During that time you two were "close", she got used to the attention from you and took it for granted, but after you suddenly stopped it she realised it was missing and started craving your attention again.
    But to answer your final question; yes, avoid her. Not in a rude way, just tone the friendship down gradually until it's diluted to just being acquaintances.

But I still really like her and wanna be with her. If I keep avoiding her like this will she eventually come to me. But not avoiding her in a rude way though

It's as simple as this my friend, anything you do in life you have to do it in moderation --- moderation is the key! Whenever you give a woman too much attention this may come back to harm you. In fact, some women may find you overbearing or they may feel like you are somewhat suffocating them. I must say one thing though, you have realized what you have been doing wrong very soon ---good for you! I think you are now doing the right thing, but still you have to be careful! Meet her half-way,if you see she is now making an effort to reach out to you, but don't go "heads-over-heel anymore."If you truly likes her, take it slow, don't be pushy anymore.
    Last edited by mackyi; 05-09-12 at 01:18 AM.

My answer might need a cultural reference from you. Your flag is American, but your username does not appear to be. What does your culture do in dating? Does the guy always ask the girl out to a date? Or can the girl ask the guy out too?

But yes, if you spend too much time with her, that will be too much attention and she will get turned off.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

In our culture we can't even go on dates with girls. That's why her parents are really strict.