+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Libido question for the guys

Libido question for the guys

I'm 50 yo, very healthly, but have lost all interest in sex. It's not that I can't get it up, it's just that I have no desire what-so-ever.

I've been very active all my life, not bragging but I've had lots of girls, a 12 year marriage that remained hot sexually even to the end. Played around with swinging a bit.

Since my marriage ended I've had two mini-relationships that heve ended in diaster. I have business pressures (new projects starting) and the last thing on my mind right now is sex.

Anybody else been like this? I don't think it's physical, I think it's mental. Or maybe I just haven't met the right woman. Maybe I really don't want to get that close to anybody right now. My labido is flat-lined.

Thoughts please?

I think you are just over-worked and stressed out. Middle aged working men have a lot of pressures on them to do their very best. You have to worry about being replaced by someone younger so you have to do that much more to prove you are still worth keeping around. As for your libido, I'm not surprised to hear that it's suffering. The only think I can say is, on the weekend (or when ever you aren't working), try to set aside a few hours to relax. Take a bath with some music going and a glass of wine. Don't think about work. Think about nicer things. Relax yourself. Maybe rent a movie or something. Just try to get your mind off of work. You just need some "you" time. Focus on your happiness first and the libido will probably follow. The other option is, see a doctor and see if he can help you manage your stress and regain your libido.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackRose
    I think you are just over-worked and stressed out. Middle aged working men have a lot of pressures on them to do their very best. You have to worry about being replaced by someone younger so you have to do that much more to prove you are still worth keeping around. As for your libido, I'm not surprised to hear that it's suffering. The only think I can say is, on the weekend (or when ever you aren't working), try to set aside a few hours to relax. Take a bath with some music going and a glass of wine. Don't think about work. Think about nicer things. Relax yourself. Maybe rent a movie or something. Just try to get your mind off of work. You just need some "you" time. Focus on your happiness first and the libido will probably follow. The other option is, see a doctor and see if he can help you manage your stress and regain your libido.

I think you're right BlackRose, it has to be stress. Probably more relationship related than work though as despite pressures and deadlines, I'm fortunate (at long last) to be in a fairly good and secure position money-wise.

I had an extensive physical late last year and everything was perfect, I think it's perhaps 'emotional hangover' from the last few years of the romantic wars. Again, it's not that I try and can't perform, it's that I just don't care. Odd for me. I'm just gonna take a deep breath and forget about it for now, when the right woman comes along and if there's still a problem, I'll see a Doctor.

I am 18.

Muahahahahahaha!

Its a bit of everything....just relax!

Hi...

I'm 45 years old and have had the same thing happening to me on and off. I thought I was pretty much done with the sex thing, as my wife has lost her interest completely (we've been married for 25 years).

In part...I think, not using these parts had made things stop working. I too have a demanding career and am self employed. Sex...was on my mind, but not driving me anymore. And I was a very sexually active creature!

Then I met a woman, a few years older than I. We met in a professional enviroment. For some reason we seemed to be able to read each others minds, and soon we were talking of our marriages and sex...etc. All I can say is wow! She totally woke up my libido, and I hers We have been enjoying a very nice affair together for the past year. I can tell you that when she enters a room I become instantly aroused. She says the same thing about me. Its odd, but other women don't seem to do this to me, not like she does.
    And our marriages? They seem to be better for both of us now.

Anyway...the point being, libido is not something we can control. And it isn't neccessarily all about sex. It is a state of mind that exists when the object of your desire is in your thoughts. I can tell you this....the sex/relationship I am having at this time with my lover is phenominal. Better than I've had with anyone else (including my wife). So if your libido is seeming to be dormant, its time to wake it up. Just find what it is that you are looking for, find what it is that you desire.

And relax....it will come back to you very quickly

I recommend to you to try ZuPro to return your sex drive back. This product is very effective to enhance sexual desire. After taking ZuPro I had rock hard erections and intense sexual drive.