+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Fiance ends it but still loves me

Fiance ends it but still loves me

Hi

I have had a long distance relationship for 5 years and we have been engaged for 3 of those years.
    I was due to visit him this week, but after a huge fight with his possessive, domineering mother, he called everything of with just 26 hours before my flight.

We are not that young and been in relationships before. He has to live in his parents house and I have been there on numerous occasions and get on well enough, apart from his mother's bizarre behaviour at times. We had thought that I would be able to move there by now but because of the economy, this has just not worked out. However, his mother has made it clear that she will not allow anyone else to stay there ever. So he feels that his hands are tied and had no choice but to end it here as he see's no future as long as his mother is there. He has closed down skype, but he is still there on my facebook and we did have a chat there about it yesterday morning. I am distraught at this happening out of the blue and he doesn't want to leave me either. We often rang each others phone just to let us know we were thinking about each other and I did this yesterday afternoon. A couple of hours later he did the same. then he did it again in the evening so I did it back. He had almost completely stopped using facebook in favour of twitter, which I don't use, but now he is back on facebook more than he had been latterly, just posting some political opinions or shares from other people. I am thinking he still wants me to see him.

Should I give him some space? Should I send him a letter, or email? Should I just ring his phone like I did yesterday for a while until he thinks about things a bit more?

Thanks for any advice

Your topic sounds more sad and desperate.

Cause you spent so much years of your life on someone , and it doesn't sounds to me like LOVE!
    And where did you met him , on the internet? Why is far away from you?

And i think if you tell us you are not that young and you just ring phone or act like teenagers that cant see each other cause of their parents
    its like immature people .

Its his mothers house, so she makes the rules about the house. But not about him!
    So i think its his own choice to put a end to it.
    Even tho your whole story sounds tom e like a internet illusion.

And how old is this dude? Is he not at a age to have his own place?
    Sound very childish and immature to me. that a old ass have to live at home and
    let his mom lead his live.
    I think that dude is not grown.
    Let him stay at home with his mommy and married her.

Cause if he wants to marry with whoever, he needs to step up and grow up and get a
    real life.

i THINK IT WAS ALL A BIG JOKE, YOU just need to get a real life and move on.
    This little dude is not serious!

Cheekxs, shut up.

Dazed, give him some time and space to really let when happened set in. There were reasons for his actions that he might regret, so let him realize the regrets. Don't actively initiate contact with him for a little while and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by dazed&miserable View Post
    We are not that young and been in relationships before.
    So presumably he's a grown up right? So he should tell his mother to sod off and stop trying to run his life. And he should grow some balls and move into his own place. Ultimately he's decided that the opinions of his loony mother are more important than his relationship with you. Do you really want to marry such a pathetic specimen?

Quote Originally Posted by Cerby View Post
    Cheekxs, shut up.

Dazed, give him some time and space to really let when happened set in. There were reasons for his actions that he might regret, so let him realize the regrets. Don't actively initiate contact with him for a little while and see what happens.

oh ugly pig shut the fock up. with your retarded comments. moron

Quote Originally Posted by cheekxs View Post
    oh ugly pig shut the fock up. with your retarded comments. moron
    You forgot to call him a faggot. But you've probably forgotten how to spell it because you are really stupid. I hope you're infertile.