+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I Did Not See It Coming !

I Did Not See It Coming !

So I met this guy on facebook in May of last year. We started off as friends and then started developing feelings for each other but we said we wouldn’t say we’re together until we met. He lives in the US and I live in Canada. Things were going great, sure we had a few fights but we got over them and went back to normal. He’s 24 and I’m 20.

Anyway, we got real close in March of this year, we were always saying how much we missed each other and that we couldn’t wait to see wait to meet ! We planned to meet in Oct this year, we were battling on this, cause I could go but I just have one week off college and I didn’t feel that was sufficient to get to know someone, and it was expensive (if I had 2 weeks I would’ve had no problem), and he couldn’t come cause he doesn’t have that kind of money but he did have the time (basically if he came he could stay for longer than a week). I told him I'd pay for his ticket and he could stay for as long as he liked but he didn't take me on that offer cause he would have felt bad and he didn't want to owe me anything if things didn't work out, besides that, he didn't have the money to support himself if he were to come.

However; in June we had this HUGE argument about religion (I’m muslim and he was raised christian but doesn’t acknowledge himself as that) and we stopped talking, he blocked and deleted me off facebook. A week later I texted him and apologized, told him I missed him and that I was sorry. He texted back saying he was sorry and missedme too and then re-added me and messaged me on facebook. He said that he missed me even though he was mad at me and that if I hadn’t texted him he would’ve eventually texted me.

Things were great, despite his grandmother passing away 3 days after we stopped talking. I texted him everyday making sure he was okayy and that I was there for him. He didn’t reply cause he told me he’d get charged by the cell phone company if he did since he was in another state for the funeral. So i thought that was fine, as long as he knew I was there for him. Then after the funeral, he was back posting on facebook, so I messaged him and said “I missed you”, he was like “why?”, I thought that was odd but just ignored it and said “cause I miss you when I don’t talk to u in a long time”, he said “o well u’re gonna have to get used to that”, now I was thinking wtf, what’s goind on, to be honest I had a gut feeling he was going to say he was dating someone, but I said “why?”, he said “cause I hate facebook and I’m dating someone”. I felt like someone just punched me in the stomach!, so I said “but just last week you told me u missed me?”, he said “well things happen and I don’t want to get into a battle with you. So I’m just going to say good bye and wish u the best even though it may not mean much now. And you shouldn’t like me anyway”, I just said “k. fine. bye” n hejust blocked and deleted me again and since then he hasn’t spoken to me and it’s been a little over 2 months now. I texted him a week after he deleted me, saying I missed him and that I didn’t wanna loose him etc. (it was a long message) but he didn’t reply. Also I sent him an email last month asking him why he did this to me? Why didn't he just let me go after the fight we had, after all, he initiated the contact. I ended the message with have a nice life and he responded saying he missed me too.

I don’t know how he got over me so fast. Most of my friends think he’s just bluffing about the gf. But I don’t know, I mean why wouldn’t he respond? And why cut me out off his life so abruptly? Also, I don’t know why he said ” you shouldn’t like me anyway”, like what’s that supposed to mean??
    I’ve never felt like this about someone the way I do for him. He’s just perfect for me! And I miss him a lot ! I didn’t see this coming AT ALL !
    Even though it's been 2 months I still miss him terribly!! I can't seem to get over him ... I know a lot of you would say "oh it was only online, it's not like you were physically together" and I understand that but I don't know, he just gave me so much hope (he used to bring up questions and the topic of us getting married and all, I never intiated it) and I trusted him. I feel so betrayed, but for some reason I don't hate him :/

Please help !

Thank you.

You know what, a lot of Muslim people are very difficult to even have a normal conversation with when it comes to religion especially..

So its not weird that it did not work out between you and a christian guy.

I think you are showing more like a low self esteem, by keep mailing him bullshit and bagging him for attention.

Its over so move on! stop stalking the guy,

And it was just chat. so why so much drama. get a life.

Oh my god, I agree with Cheekxs. Need to have a lie down in a darkened room.

Oh, and for the OP, here's a wacky idea. Date someone that you can physically spend time with. Not some online bullshit that counts for nothing. Too scared to meet people in real life?

I'm sorry, but how can you develop strong feelings for someone you have never met in person?

Geez ... no need to be all rude about it. I think if I could control how I feel, I wouldn't be feeling like this now would I? Besides the fact that we weren't together physically, we did text, call and skype everyday.

Cheekxs, I'm not stalking him. I just wanted to know why he did that, that's all.

Boisdevie, It's not that I'm scared to meet someone in real life, it's just happened. I wasn't looking for someone when we started talking.

fg91, When I figure it out I'll let you know.