+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need a male point of view

I need a male point of view

Hello All,

I am in a pretty high position at my company, but there is this guy at my workplace that stares at me all the time, it seems that every time he got a chance he would walk by my way. Let's just say that I could tell that he was interested. I made eye contact with him as well, but I do not think he got the hint. Now it seems that he tries to ignore me and tries his best not to look my way, but he always still seem to try to get my attention.

When he walks by me now, him he will look the other way or look straight ahead, he never speaks or says hello. I would have said something to him, but his body language seems so negative now that I said I am not going to approach him. I will admit that when we walk by one another a few times I would look the other way and not look at him directly. It seems he still tries to get my attention, he has just stop the staring now.

Do you guys think he just said forget it and has moved on?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    why don't you make the move on him? that is the only way that you're get a true answer.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I cannot talk to him at work, to many people around. I really thought about leaving a note on his car because there is no way I can talk at work. If he interested then fine if not then that is fine as well, at least I will know.

it is very hard to tell just by what you put about looking, if he likes you or not. I would say that if you are a somewhat normal/average/attractiveness then he would for sure want to talk to you. Most likely he would take you out if he did not have a gf. Maybe he is shy and does not know if you would like him or not. Like you said their are a lot of people around or what not.

Doesnt sound really romantic to me.

So maybe he hates you also.

Cause i dont see much in your topic that look like he is inlove or something.

Especially negative body language???!!
    i think maybe you like him and want to see him looking at you cause he likes you.While maybe he is thinking
    something else/

And you are at your job. so you should ask yourself what is the best way to approach him and stay professional.
    Cause you cant go around screwing your employees! Cause you will lose respect also
    and no one will take you serious if things go's well or wrong.

So maybe you should ask him in his break, if he have a moment.
    And go with him somewhere where it is quite and no one or less people.
    And start the conversation like : how is work going "John" , or what ever nice question that he may smile about.
    and then you tell him like you have something to ask him, and that you saw him looking at you several's times , and if there is something
    going on.
    And if he says no( i dont know your position) but tell him, if there is something he can always come to you.
    (so you end it like you are just doing your job or something.).

Quote Originally Posted by Missladyt17 View Post
    ... I am in a pretty high position at my company, but there is this guy at my workplace that stares at me all the time ...
    seriously ? you mean you are seated on a higher floor ? cos somebody in a senior position is unlikely to be having these thoughts.

or the guy is looking at you wondering how you ever got there

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post
    seriously ? you mean you are seated on a higher floor ? cos somebody in a senior position is unlikely to be having these thoughts.

Ah the land of the free, home of the brave and a place where being unable to express yourself in a grammatically correct fashion is no barrier to success.

Quote Originally Posted by asdfg789 View Post

you r so meannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

I cannot talk to him at work, to many people around. I really thought about leaving a note on his car because there is no way I can talk at work. If he interested then fine if not then that is fine as well, at least I will know.
    Too bad there aren't any other men living in your area. Then you would be able to date freely, without worrying about workplace gossip undermining your career.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Thank you guys for your advice and it has helped me in my decision, believe it or not. when I read your coments, it does look unprofessional, and quite childish. Seems a little desperate and I have no trouble meetintg men. I thank you all for your honesty and @asdfg789, you are absolutely correct and I thank you most for your comment. I cannot risk my job for gossip, I have worked to hard to get to where I am.

personally i like the idea of a note on hes car or send him a email? or a textmessege. ?
    </snip>

I agree with roofius. Even though he knows who its fro it'll feel very anonymous.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    too many people at work? do you really think that i'll believe that excuse? how would this be any different than if you were at a concert? or market?

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...