+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating Ex's Friend

Dating Ex's Friend

A little confused here!

Past:

Dated my ex gf for just over 3 years, was my first real relationship and I loved every minute of it. I got her a excellent job at the office where I work without any past experience. About a month later she broke up with me completely out of the blue. She was let go immediately, not because I wanted her gone but because management couldn't have that in the office. 2 weeks later I find out she is dating one of my coworkers, who just so happened to be my Managers brother. I was super heartbroken, and said some thing I probably shouldn't have out of anger/frustration!

6 months has gone by.

Present:

Over the last month I have finally felt ready to move forward and pursue someone new. I have been seeing what is out there you could say, some intrest here some there. Lately I have been hanging out with a few of my Ex's friends, which I have seen more times in the last month, than I did the 3+ years I was with my Ex. I am starting to have feelings for one of them, but keep wondering if it wrong to. I don't pursue anyone unless I am 100% commited, but there is just something about her that I can't get past. I am by no means trying to get back at my Ex, and really if I could I wouldn't have these feelings for her friend because of all the complications.

What's your thoughts?

Your ex is your ex. Her feelings about what you do don't matter. If you like this new girl, pursue her.

What we can`t get past is the rejection feeling and that we gave ourself 100% for that person and he/she took us for granted. I am in the same situation, haven`t loved anyone and don`t even know if I will get there someday, but i have a feeling in my heart that if he was gone was because he didn`t love me enough and didn`t deserve me. I also went through what u did with this finding a job for the loved one. Some people are just like that, not commited and we have to accept that we picture them being someone completely different, we get hurt, we suffer, they don`t care. We have to move on Good luck with that my friend

i think its just nasty. especially if you go from friends to friends.

i think also you will have to deal a lot with her also if she is her friend.,

so a lot of drama. but i guess you like the drama,. cause out of all the people , you choose her friends to hangout with and

fall for,

Quote Originally Posted by Cheekxss View Post
    i think its just nasty. especially if you go from friends to friends.

i think also you will have to deal a lot with her also if she is her friend.,

so a lot of drama. but i guess you like the drama,. cause out of all the people , you choose her friends to hangout with and

fall for,
    Just wanted to clarify, that the only reason I ended up hanging out with my ex's friends is thru a mutual friend. From there I have been invited out by them to different events, and activities. I by no means went out of my way to hang out with her friends. So far there has been zero drama between anyone.