+ Follow This Topic
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: After friend and I made out, it is now awkward...

well sorry there were cookies given to us at meeting. he is at least at step 1... which is say hi, step 2. be less awkwrad, step 50. confess everything, step 100. ask me out

PRETTY MUCH RIGHT EH??

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    There aren't 'steps'. You aren't even asking the right question. Girls (and I mean 'girls') like you may catch guys but you can't keep them. Men enjoy relationships best when things are clear and simple. They run when things get confusing and you are the textbook example of this.

If you must think 'steps' they are this:

1. Know what you want (not him, *you*). 2. Ask for what you want in a clear, respectful, situationally appropriate (you need help with this) way. 3. When you get what you want, appreciate it and show your appreciation. Enjoy.

That's it. Anything more complicated is unnecessary.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

OP, why do you keep being "neutral"!? Are you interested in him or not? Why do you assume that *he* has to ask you out? He already made it clear to you that he is interested in you. Now it's your turn to show him you feel the same way. It's really not that difficult.

OP - do you fantasize about having sex with him?? circle YES or NO.

all i can is that I definitely felt something and that there was chemistry there and we both knew that.

So what would you like to happen?

i would like him to be responsible for his actions meaning take some initiative

Would you like it if he asked you out on a date?

any form of initiating i guess, but yea sure, i dont know

What would you answer him, if he asked you out on a date? Yes or no?

I would answer with a yes

Quote Originally Posted by yoyobabe01 View Post
    I would answer with a yes
    Finally! You know what you want: a date with him.

You need to let him know that you are interested in him, and you'll have it.

Have you tried to initiate contact with him? I mean you were mates before right? So if you want to keep him as a mate, then treat him like one. Any dumb jokes you can forward on? Silly fact that he might find funny you can text/email him? Try and get him talking via laughing instead of going for the deep and meaningful relationship talk, and see what kind of response you get. Whatever you are, you were friends, so aim for getting that back before you think about anything else.

And as to the something else - campus I'm assuming this guys quite young? Well whatever he feels for you- it might just be that what happened between you confused the hell out of him and he just doesn't know how to act now. I knew a lot of guys at Uni who were always quite secular in the way they thought about girls - you were either a. a mate - someone you laughed with, b. a girlfriend - someone you went out of your way for or c. a conquest - someone who made a night but turned invisible by day for fear of 'girlfriend delusions'. The way these boys behaved depended on which bracket they saw you in.

What's happened with your boy, is that lines have been blurred. He doesn't know where you fit. Behave like a friend and he either has to treat you like one, ask you out or act like a douche who doesn't know how to handle a woman the morning after. If its a you get your buddy back, if its b you guys can work out what you want and if its c, well the little boy needs some growing up time and you haven't really lost anything other than a drinking buddy. And there are plenty of them in the world.

Blondi, while I agree with a lot of what you wrote, the OP seems to reply only to one-lined posts... I suggest we try to keep it simple. Otherwise she would have already understood what she has to do, and she would have done it.

I started asking him to hang out and stuff but he kept on making excuses. When I asked him if he wanted to drink one night, he said he was busy with homework but he wishes he could. I found out he had a party at his house this weekend and he doesn’t even text me anymore nor did he invite me. I deleted his number and we aren’t friends on facebook anymore. I don’t need this crap.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast