+ Follow This Topic
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: After friend and I made out, it is now awkward...

Sorry it didn't work out. Good for you for finally asking him out though! He probably got bored of waiting and is now focusing on another girl, so he doesn't want you around. Hope you take this as a lesson - next time, don't wait so long to show your interest.
    Last edited by searock; 02-10-12 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yoyobabe01 View Post
    I started asking him to hang out and stuff but he kept on making excuses. When I asked him if he wanted to drink one night, he said he was busy with homework but he wishes he could. I found out he had a party at his house this weekend and he doesn’t even text me anymore nor did he invite me. I deleted his number and we aren’t friends on facebook anymore. I don’t need this crap.
    He didn't need this crap either.....

Your method of keeping "neutral" didn't work now did it?

Smackie (and all the others) are right, Yo. You could have avoided all this awkwardness by just being up front and open. Hone your communication skills and try to never be afraid of answers. Being afraid will lead to things like this keeping happening to you.

I talked to one of his friends and he said that it is just him as a person and to suggest me making new friends because our avoidance is way too strong and a way to get around it is to run into him at a bar/party when he is drunk sorta.

So your plan is to wait till he's drunk to hit on him?

LOL! Hey whatever floats yer boat.....

trust me you guys... wasnt my intentions but it's who he is and he is immature about this. I would suffice even with being back to being friends and enjoying going to parties and bars together with friends. All i want out of this is to go back to normal because making out is not a big deal.

Oh lordy... you're playing middle school "ignore" games with him and you're calling HIM immature?!

Pot, meet kettle.

I'm starting to think you have some mental issues. How can you possibly not understand that you did NOT handle the situation in a mature, normal way?

trust me you guys... wasnt my intentions but it's who he is and he is immature about this. I would suffice even with being back to being friends and enjoying going to parties and bars together with friends. All i want out of this is to go back to normal because making out is not a big deal.

You think you all that and a bag of chips, then the mature thing to do is to initiate contact with him and discuss it.

well guess what I have tried many times and he will not talk to me! What do you want me to do: tie him to a chair? You may call me mental, mentally ill, immature or whatever you want to call me, but I have tried. That is all I am going to say. I am not the damn pot and kettle, middle school ignoring chick... I have approached him many times, and guess what he does not wish to speak to me or carry on a conversation when I initiate it.

well guess what I have tried many times and he will not talk to me! What do you want me to do: tie him to a chair? You may call me mental, mentally ill, immature or whatever you want to call me, but I have tried. That is all I am going to say. I am not the damn pot and kettle, middle school ignoring chick... I have approached him many times, and guess what he does not wish to speak to me or carry on a conversation when I initiate it.
    have you gone up to him and actually come right out and said: "I'd like to talk to you about my actions and your reaction the night we nearly had sex?" He doesn't know where you're coming from... you don't know if he has just given up on you because he thinks you just want to be a platonic friend or that he's given up on you because he just wantd to fk and you were'nt up for it (although to me, that is what his current actions are saying).

So.. have you come right out and specifically asked to talk to him about that night?

BTW: I don't blame you for giving up on trying to re-engage him, what you've been doing is obviously not working so maybe being direct would help? (if you haven't been already).

1 - He never wanted to be your friend, but something more. He has friends, and they all have hair in their legs.

2 - You rejected him, he was angry and has given up on you, probably demonized you in the process as he felt shame and anger for rejection.

3 - He doesn't know you actually have feelings for him, he thinks *YOU* friendzoned him, and he doesn't want to be your friend (point 1).

4 - What to do? Depends on what YOU want:
    a - If you want to stay as friends: forget it, that was never in his agenda in the first place.
    b - If you want to date him: he thinks you don't, so you HAVE to make him understand you DO. Being ambigous or "Neutral" won't help you: he clearly made his move and you turned him down. You can't blame him for accepting a rejection and trying to move one. No guy with some self-respect insist on a girl 10 times when they get a clear *no*.

Oh and if it is (b) what you want, make sure you act pronto or he'll move on (if he hasn't already).

Kokombos, that's what we've been trying to make her understand since the start... I think it *is* too late and he has moved on already!

From the initial post, I totally understood where he was coming from and why he was ignoring you - he felt rejected by you. Clearly you were never just a friend to him - whether he liked you the whole time, or always kinda wanted to nail you, he always assumed it would happen eventually... and that night you made out he was sure it was going to.

But by this point, he is being really effing childish. If he wasn't so damn immature about this, it probably would have worked out in the end - clearly there were genuine feelings there. But he's being a dumbass and you need to move on.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast