+ Follow This Topic

Thread: 5 year relationship has come to an end

5 year relationship has come to an end

after 5 very happy years, i think its over. She says shes not happy, and i guess i can understand. But maybe thats just me.
    We've never had a fight, maybe dissagreements, but absolutely never a fight. I give her all the freedom she wants, I prefer to sit at home; im hard at finding friends and she is the exact opposite.
    I met her where we currently live, and moved to where i wanted to at her constant pushing, 2 years later she wants to move back here to be close to her family, where i have no friends or family. And because i love this girl so much i go on a whim. Only 4 MONTHS later do i find out that she wasnt happy before i went through with the move. And i guess the bottom line is, what the hell do i do now?

dawz

Never had a fight? If you've been in a relationship for more then 4 months without a fight then you're gonna have problems...breakup still sucks. No doubt about that. What do you do now? Get out meet people and try to move on. It's tough to do, no doubt about that, but its possible. The best suggestion is make sure she is out of sight...that way she'll be out of mind too. just keep busy. don't look back, personnaly I spent to much time looking back, and it made me angry/bitter about a few things...best only to look back to learn. good luck man.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    maybe the difference in personalities is the problem. she is very outgoing and it seems that you are the complete opposite. forget about it because it didn't work out. however, if i were you, i would suggest that you move back home, where you'll feel more comfortable with your surroundings and friends. being in a new place during a heartbreak is very tough and i think this will help ease the pain. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

My friend you only have one thing to do. Find a new life. If you can't find one, then you have to MAKE one. It's time you realized she isn't going to be there with you forever. You have to get up (and out) of that house of yours and start to do things. Don't worry about meeting people. Once you start to do things, the meeting people will come natural. Join a sport, go to the gym, join a social club of some sort. Do anything BUT sit at home and wallow in self-pity. Her love for you is gone, so wait no more. There are other fish in the sea. Polish that rod, (no pun intended) and get out there.

Your friend,
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

Hello dawz, I'm 24 and I just got out of a 5 year relationship. I was then one who ended it but it is no easier on the other side. Five years is longer than a lot of marriages and to get through this is going to be tough. I feel like my life is over and that I cannot live without this guy. We still live int he same town and I'm sure thats not making it any easier on either of us. Holding on the past is going to be the worst thing you can do. I know, becasue I'm still doing it right now and my life sucks. The only comforting thing to me is that there are times in the day, even if it is like 5-10 minutes, that I feel ok. Those minutes will turn to hours and then to days. Then you will eventually be just fine. I'm sure you have heard it just takes time so many times. But, that is the only thing that is going to makes things alright.

In the same boat

Hey there everyone:

I'm in the same boat...except I was the one who made the final decision to end our 4 year long relationship. I think I always knew that things weren't going to work out, but just didn't want to face up to it.

Anyway, it's so hard...harder than I ever thought to just let things go. I've taken solace in the fact that there are millions of people out there in the world and one that was made for me...I have just yet to find him. It hurts, but the pain will dull and eventually go away. Millions of people have endured this pain before us and millions will follow us. Life's too short to dwell. Get out there, have some fun, get moving, and be happy. There's a reason it didn't work and you should be happy that this ended before a marriage and kids were involved. It wasn't meant to be. I'm sorry for your loss and I hope you get through this soon. Remember I'll be doing the same thing as you as will thousands of other people at this time.

Collegrrl