+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Proper use of Money in a relationship

Proper use of Money in a relationship

question for girls Regarding money in a relationship

money is a part of life, and we all have to deal with it. But as far as a relationship goes, it should not change your relationship with a guy.

if you like or love him, then that's what's important. Money should not cause arguments or make people feel odd, or feel like one person owes something to another because of money. But sharing money is a part of living together, or being married, and it's a part of life that we have to deal with.

As a guy, I want to know, how girls feel about money. What is the appropriate way to deal with this in a relationship these days ? It will depend on the person, of course.

would you feel insulted if I (the boyfriend in the relationship ) were to give you (the girl) money ? or would you accept it. there are some women that earn good money, and are independent themselves, and they do not really need the extra money. There are some that would like to not work themselves, and can raise children and work at home, or just not have to work, and earn money. In that case they will probably be ok with receiving money from the guy in the relationship, and be very interested in it.

But of course as a responsible person (the guy) does not want money being spent on all kinds of things that are not needed and frivolous and expensive, and could run up a huge bill, even cause problems for the household, as far as having problems paying the rent or the mortgage.

This can be a huge and dangerous problem, as no one want to live on the street, we want to be safe and have a roof over our heads, and have money for things we actually need.

It is good to --earn-- money in one way or another, whether it's actually earning it from work, or contributing by doing household work, or getting food from the store, like shopping, or for paying bills and doing accounting work. i don't think its necessary to count up how may hours it took you for shopping or household work, and then have a bill for that, or get paid directly for that , like hours at work. That is more of a family contribution, and in return you get access to resources and money for certain needs and things like that. everyone knows that. I think that is normal, and most people would think it is pretty weird if for example the wife in the family would present a bill to the husband for her hours spent shopping cooking, etc. lol

----------------

so probably the main solution here is education, and knowledge. It's important to know everything about what it takes to survive, regarding money. Such as how much the car insurance costs, and when the bill is due for that, how much food costs, how much you pay at the gas station, etc, and to be reasonable.

any thoughts or ideas ?

You should know the cost of living for both of you. My boyfriend has a good salary pay, but still I want to work. I don't want to use his salary for my own luxury, I rather like it to have my own savings for those things. And also contribute for the expense in your household but the guy(husband) contributed the most to the household expense. Whenever my boyfriend offers money to me, I refused him always and said to use it in future convenient for benefits both of us.