+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why is she playing these games?

Why is she playing these games?

My ex broke up with me because she is afraid to get seriosu with anyone. even before we went out she said she never though of having a boyfriend during college. I found out its because she has been hurt emotionally by guys in the past. her first boyfriend when she was young (16) cheated on her and was just a big douche form what she told me. and even when she talked about it she quickly changed subjects. she dated her best friend for about a week. and they were 18 and decided hey we can lose our virginity to eachother. well, no condom so she said not tonight. the next day he all of a sudden stopped talking to her and dissapeared. and there have been 3 occasions where shes friends with a guy and they ask her out and she says she just wants to be friends and they dissapear. I took a chance after a week of dating her and she was super excited and happy and I ended up becoming her boyfriend. we never fought, never had a bad time together. and we learned some things because we are different people. well a few months later she left for the summer to go work full time back home. We skyped and somewhat texted. she liked to send me pictures of what she was doing at work and at home. before she left she didnt want to leave which I thought was wierd because shes never acted so emotional. I told her you want to take it slow so some time away to do our own thing will be good.

Well she came back after a month we had a good time at dinner. didnt have much cash so we went back to her place. where she lives during college. once we got back i felt her getting distant. then she got quiet and sat down on the floor cus she has no bed in there. she buried her face in her arms and wouldnt talk and I layed down on her lap and she said so what to you wanna do. I said idk let me think cus im short on cash. well I kinda went hmm and she said I feel like you have somehting to say. I said do you feel like we are going to fast. she said yes i wanna break up. she said she doesnt want to get into a relationship. or have a bf. she said she should of listened to herself. I really didnt talk and she was rambling like you not even a jerk. and this is beter then us being together fo a year and me having to leave after summer. I was in shock I really didnt say anyhting. when I left and walked out the door she said hey...can i get a hug. i didnt say anyhitng I just kinda stood there like huh? and she ran to me gave me a big hug didnt look at me then turned around and went inside the door and stared at me as I was leaving

to keep this part short. our conversations throughout the next month were mutual and also me getting frustrated because she thinks we can be friends and I dont. I even told her a few times. but she just kinda shrugged the whole me telling her how i feel about her. but in the beginning she told me she still cares about me and I make her smile when I say this and yaddi yadda. she said she sucks at showing her feelings. well 2 months down the road I finally hit rock bottom and told her I need my space. she bloced me from FB. and a week and a half later...she texted me out of the blue..hey kyle hows it going. i kept my replies short. after her 2nd reply i didnt reply and 30 minutes later she texted somehting else. shes been mimicking my texts. replying in the same amount of time and when i didnt text her back when i felt her text kida ended the convo the next night she all of a sudden messged me on skype and was off within 3 minutes before I could reply. and i even let her know a couple days later. hey i rpelied but it never went through...we had a short convo and she never rpelied to my last. idk what to think. cus everytime I try and move on its like she senses it and keeps in contact. I told her one day just keep in touch but i need to move on. 4 days later she sends me a picture of the sunset on a bike ride she went on the previous day. so these mixed signals got me frustrated. and 2 weeks after I said I need space and she was texting me again she sent another picture of the lake in the natl. park. saying thought youd like this and I said Id rather be there than work and school. thats when she said true after a few more texts and i ignored it and she messeged me on skype the next night. so idk.

What do you girls think...cus to me its either shes playing games which isnt like her. or shes confused. cus one night her friend told her to take a chance cus he thinks she is afriad and the next morning she said goodmorning at like 9am just before work. please help..shes back in a week or so. and as much as i want to be with her again. i need to move on and not be in contact with her cus I do want to date. and even she said she doesnt want to know if im dating yet she wants to consider me one of her best friends and doesnt want me to be someoen she doesnt know....ultra confusing women...

Unfortunately I went through something similar. I was head over heals with someone who was my best friend. He and I had a relationship much like a dating relationship for a long time and to be honest I always thought it would work out with us. He just wasn't ready or willing to commit though because of what he had gone through in his past. I kept pushing for it but it didn't happen. Fortunately I'm able to still be friends with him.
    My point is that if she isn't ready, she isn't ready. I think that she feels closeness with you and you guys could probably make a great couple. That being said, I think she took a step in a direction she wasn't ready to take when she decided to date you.
    The best advice I can give you is just treat her kindly and realize that I don't think she is playing games. You wouldn't want to force someone into a relationship with you because relationships are only fulfilling if both parties are in it 100%. Try, as hard as it may be, to not be like those other guys though who ditched her when she said she only wanted to be friends. Maybe you guys need to just be friends for a while. It may take her a long time to be comfortable enough to give her heart to you. If you disappear on her though you will A, never know and B, disappear like the guys in the past. Be her friend and be there as much as you can. There is a line though she cannot expect you to be physical with her in any way if she isn't willing to give back to you what you want.
    Also, don't hold out. Date other girls. Not saying you have to be serious with any of them but you need to go out and have fun. First of all, it will never go anywhere at all if she thinks you are sitting around waiting for her. Secondly, you NEVER know what can happen. Don't risk missing out on someone else that may make you even more happy because you're waiting for her. If it's meant to be she will wake up and give you a shot. If it's not meant to me then you and she will move on but you'll have each other as friends and appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by KRW2012 View Post
    to keep this part short.
    If only. I simply don't have the energy to read another bloody life story.

trust me thats the short version. thats 2 months squeezed into that.

what about what shes kinda doing though. she mimicks everything. I noticed from the start with whatever I say she kinds uses it in a different sentence. im gonna stick with what her friend said and wait til she comes back. which is who knows when because she tells no one...literally... when her and I hungout when she got back she all of a sudden got mass texts of ppl saying omg ur back come hangout with me I didnt know!!! she didnt even tell me until she was back that she was here. im busy with school and work rt now. so dating around is actually a lot of effort especially to get to know someone. ive known her for almost a year but we were together for 3. and that was a lot of info in a short amount of time. plus she did think we went to fast but she agress she didnt help it either. because she wanted me to stay over a lot. most of the time we literally slept and kissed. and she neded up losing her virginity to me. and she wanted us to do a lot of stuff together this fall. thats before we broke up.

and question...what do you think about what she did...she doesnt text much. and all of a sudden shes texting me. and when I didnt reply one night once a turned on my comp when I got home she messeged me on skype but i didnt get it til a few minutes later and she was already off...she's confusing me.. and I almost think shes confusing herself..cus she is very stubborn. once she makes a decision thats her decision even if she thinks otehrwise. thats what she told me while we were dating. shes telling me no but her actions say yes.

She's playing games. Stop initiating contact and go after other girls. Stop giving her the attention that she craves. Tell her you don't want anything to do with her unless she wants to date, and tell her not to contact you anymore. Even if she does say she wants to date, don't stop going after other girls. This is the type of girl you have break mentally. Doesn't sound worth it, but that's what you'll have to do to get her.