+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Strange relationship.. need help

Strange relationship.. need help

Hey everyone, im a new user, been stalking the forums the past couple of days and decided to register and see if i can get some help. Well, heres my story..

Ive been dating this girl for about 2 years (my first girlfriend) and she recently broke up with me. There was no anger between us, i was crushed and she was sad for hurting me. She thinks of me as her best friend now, and always wants to hang out with me and talk to me, share her thoughts and feelings etc. That makes it very difficult for the no-contact thing. We have classes together and were partners in my multimedia class. After a month or two of acting like a pathetic love-sick puppy, i started ignoring her, trying to keep happy by forgetting her even when shes trying to get my attention. It worked kind of, i was not as depressed anymore, while not exactly happy. Today at school however she broke into tears, said she wanted me to be her friend more than anything and next thing i knew i was holding her and trying to make her feel better. Now im depressed again because she made it clear ONCE AGAIN that she thinks there is no way ill ever be more than her friend. She even said she doesnt love me like a boyfriend, but as a "friend" or "brother".

I feel so hurt, i love her more than anything but i dont want to feel this way forever and she keeps getting my hopes up and then crushing them. Any advice on my situation would be appreciated.

just ditch the ***** you are her emotional tampoon

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Picollo

haha and you wonder why people are so respectful towards you and your young interests. lol.

alright to delerious... you want the truth?? this girl is only using you. she wants a relationship but not with you. being that you are her ex and she hasn't really found a new interest yet, she can use you as a fall back fail safe option. when she's alone, she will run to you and you will comfort her, but when you are alone and you hold her, she slaps you upside your head and tells you the truth... that a relationship will never happen again. you need to seperate yourself from her because she is only leaching off of you. yes, leach. bottom line, you're a sucker and it's up to you to change it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Thanks for the responses, illusion im afraid you may be right. It hurts to think of it that way but it does always seem like when she wants to be close to me i had better be there for her but if i want to be close she cuts me down to size. Its going to be hard keeping away from her though, she is the sweetest girl ive ever met and i love her more than anything. I think im already to attached.

love sucks

y'all dude great...but you see you have to move on....don't waste your time just because of the foolish girl.....the other one is right, she's playing with you....she's making you a comfort toy....it hurts but it's true.....we have the same situation really........but i'm a little bit nerd coz i attempted to commit suicide,...it hurts at first....but as time goes on.....you will learn to move on.......you can be friends but don't expect any feelings from her anymore...coz "remember ya'....the more you expect....the more you'll get hurt....don't follow my attempt...though it worked but stupid coz you will fail again and again......i tell you.....love is not enough......

Staying friends after a breakup sounds good in theory, but if one of you still have feelings for the other it isn't going to work. You'll just torture yourself into insanity. I couldn't handle remaining friends and then being around her when she's with her next guy. It's not worth it. I say tell her how you feel and move on.

Quote Originally Posted by Picollo
    Bingo

I know your gonna hate me for saying this, but whatever doesn't kill you...makes you stronger. In one way or another.

And it's true.

Just move on. A single feeling of depression or sadness can't possibly last forever. Unless you like subconciously and you WANT to be depressed. There are people like that.
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.