+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today my boyfriend said...

Today my boyfriend said...

Hey guys! I'm new!

I'll post something in the intro section, but for now... I've GOT to get this off my chest. Truthfully, 98% of me thinks I'm just... giving in to my PMS symptoms and being a typical over thinking female here...

But, ok. So here's the low-down so to speak.

My boyfriend and I have been together for four months now, but we've known each other and were good good friends for four years prior to the relationship beginning. We're doing great, and both feel that we transitioned well out of the "honeymoon stage"... even though he can still make me all smiley and full of butterflies when he looks at me and gives me one of his crooked smiles... LOL. We're in love and we're best friends. We have a small close group of what I'd call "best friends", and we're all just in a similar part of our life where we're in college and in our twenties and just enjoying things.

Well, I decided to enroll in CNA school in order to get a better job and finally get moved out and on my own so I can get into the medical field and go back to college. The first day was yesterday, and I saw boyfriend last night. But today was hunker down day. Our schedules are going to conflict while I'm doing the 6 week CNA course which goes Monday-Thursday so I basically won't see him from Sunday night until Thursday afternoon... and neither of us is used to that. We have become used to seeing each other every day... spending our free time together. I'm personally used to going out and doing stuff every night and BAM, vacation over, back to the grind, can't go out during my "work week" because the drive to school is really far and I can't afford any extra gas to go have fun afterwards. So I'm going from one extreme, to the other, while everyone else gets to socialize.

Anywho, so you guys see my bit of a dilemma. I'm veeerrrryyyy much a creature of habit. I don't adapt well to change, so even though this sounds minute, to me it's big big big. I've been worried about how I'm going to handle the change.

So I texted boyfriend this afternoon after I'd gone home for the night and said: "Is it sad that I already miss you? Even though it's probably because I know I won't get to see you for like two days? lol."

And his reply was "It's okay sweetheart, this will be a good test for us."

Then he went to work, so I'm sitting here thinking... test? What test? Whatttt does that mean.

So guys. A little help here. What do you think it means? Any advice? Our relationship is absolutely wonderful.. we have no problems.. I mean we have differences sometimes but we've known each other for so long that we're close enough to just talk things out and not get panties in a wad over stupid things.

Ok. Advice! Please! Am I worrying about nothing? What does he mean by it's going to be a good test for us? What can I expect in the next month or two with all these changes? How do I keep from doing something to mess up this amazing relationship?

Thanks guys!

Am I worrying about nothing?
    Yep. He just means it'll be hard and you'll miss each other at times.

Calm the **** down.
    "... Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

LOL. Ok. I figured. By the way, I like your honesty.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Trust your relationship. If it can't handle a time like this, it would never go the distance. You'll be fine. Do what is needful. Trust the rest will work as it should.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

You're reading into it too much. I am in a long-distant relationship and I told my bf at the beginning that it would be a good test for us and if we get through it we should be able to get through anything. I thought your bf's msg was quite sweet and reassuring. He is right, it will be a good test. Although being female I know why you are probably feeling peeved, we tend to like the 'don't worry babe, I miss ya too' type messages and when we don't get what we want/expect we tend to panic. But I am sure everything's ok. He is just being a practical man.
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Thanks guys.

He replied later after he got off work saying "I just meant that there are going to be times in our relationship where we won't see each other much, especially since I'm going to be a cop soon and you're going to be in the medical feild."

Y'all were right. I was just being my typical self and over thinking things. Hehe.

That being said, he is very sweet... but he's still a man. Straight down to the inability to multitask and not wanting much more than meat and potatoes every night for dinner... and driving his S-10 like a banshee. LOL. I'm blessed to have him.

He sounds like the shit.

Dude... you don't even know. Haha. He likes to fish, drink, drive fast, get dirty, shoot shit... and Jim Carrey. And pork rinds. His entire existence is like... the key to my heart. And my pants. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Hmmm....but he is going to be a cop? Really you want to be with a police officer? He has decided to devote his life to carry a gun and impose authority over people...when all the while this "authority" is a bunch of bureaucratic BS. He has chosen to be a mindless servant who takes orders and would even kill someone b/c he has been brainwashed to believe that its to protect society? Anyone who chooses to be a cop has extremely low intelligence in my opinion.
    Whoa... that is way harsh. What do you do for a living Maple?
    Some people are drains and some are radiators... Keep clear of the drains and hug the radiators!

Hmmm....but he is going to be a cop? Really you want to be with a police officer? He has decided to devote his life to carry a gun and impose authority over people...when all the while this "authority" is a bunch of bureaucratic BS. He has chosen to be a mindless servant who takes orders and would even kill someone b/c he has been brainwashed to believe that its to protect society? Anyone who chooses to be a cop has extremely low intelligence in my opinion.
    We're all mindless servants if you'd like to peel back the layers of the onion. That's a Purely ignorant statement....so thumbs up on that !!! I'd hate to live in a world of lawlessness

No need to air your grievances on here about particular professions when all the OP is doing is asking for advice. You don't know the reasons/motivations etc behind why her BF wants to become a cop. And I agree with Surf, we are all mindless servants in some way or another in society.

I know it is harsh...but I really do feel this strongly about law enforment...especially in the U.S.. I am an architect/designer...
    Pffst.....I actually know 2 architects and they are both dumb as a bag of hammers....so there ya go.
    Last edited by surfhb; 20-09-12 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfhb View Post
    We're all mindless servants if you'd like to peel back the layers of the onion. That's a Purely ignorant statement....so thumbs up on that !!! I'd hate to live in a world of lawlessness
    I am a mindful servant ...I know what your getting at and where this conversation could go...I am just talking about police officers in the united states in this comment. You think I would make a statement like that not understanding the meaning? Far from ignorant.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 20-09-12 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by pisces25 View Post
    No need to air your grievances on here about particular professions when all the OP is doing is asking for advice. You don't know the reasons/motivations etc behind why her BF wants to become a cop. And I agree with Surf, we are all mindless servants in some way or another in society.
    I agree....I am sure the OP's BF is a nice man....Like Backup said he sounds like "the shit"..
    Last edited by Maple1714; 20-09-12 at 08:36 AM.

Don't read anything into what he said. Men don't overthink things like women do. He was being positive, and just saying it would be a challenge, but it sounds like he is up for it.

Please don't overanalyze it. It will be different, but you are taking control of your life and that is sexy! Enjoy making him wait to get a taste of you.

When you are apart you can keep up the flirty texts to let him remember what he's got waiting for him on the weekend. You can build up the anticipation of seeing you and making it a big drawn-out turn-on!
    </snip>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast