+ Follow This Topic

Thread: online dating the first message

online dating the first message

im not great at coming up with a good first message, so i could use some advice soon lol

Just look for things in her profile you have in common or interesting and comment on those.....this isn't brain surgery ya know.

As Surf said. So if she says she likes reading you could say that you read a book once. Or failing that ask what colour panties she's wearing.
    But if you really like, because I'm such a kind person, paypal me 50 dollars and I'll compose a message for you. Or for a 100 dollars I'll email you my eBook entitled 'Why the No Contact rule is a pile of idiotic bullshit'.

I'll be 100% honest with you. I always used to read the girl's profile and try and strike up a conversation. 9 times out of 10 it didnt work. Lately I have been using different copy and paste openers and have got a few dates as it gets a good conversationg going. Just google pof openers.

Don't say

Hi,
    Hey Sexy
    Check out my profile and see if you want to chat.

First off you need a really well written profile with good pictures ask professional or a girlfriend to help you. You have to stand out from the crowd and talk to her with playfulness and confidence.

You can mention something from her profile that you like, that you might have in common, so she knows that you actually read her profile. Guys get rejected because girls get so many emails. Don't mention that she's hot (girls get sick of this). Just be casual, you can mention a cool coffe shop that you like and would like to get together for coffee sometime or grab a drink. It doesn't have to be elaborate. If she doesn't respond, next girl. With guys it does become a numbers game, just don't be like all the other boring guys!
    </snip>

As an online dating veteran, you need to do three things right:

1) Show her somehow that you read her profile and didn't just browse the pics, acknowledge a similar interest
    2) Keep it short, anything more then 3-4 sentences is too much
    3) Add humour, this will increase response 10 times what you normally get.

Also some quick notes, do not ask her out on the first message, break the ice, then work towards coffee. As stated above, a good profile matters too. When I first got into it I had a female friend build mine, and it worked awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookahmike View Post
    im not great at coming up with a good first message, so i could use some advice soon lol
    A good profile picture is key, first impressions are important.

Don't say what you are looking for because a lot of the time girls see it a bs, we all know you are looking for someone who is hot, sexy, and not too much baggage. You need to sell yourself by sharing what your interests are and what you are passionate about, but like the others have said keep it short and simple.

*If I were looking on line all I would need to see is "car guy" "likes beer"....I'm in! lol.