+ Follow This Topic

Thread: crap weekend at donny

crap weekend at donny

hey everyone! ive had a crap weekend, and just want to ***** about it! basically me and my boyfriend ( and a bunch of his mates) went to donnington race track to watch the btcc.

we got there on friday, and it was freezing. we set up camp, and there were no toilets or showers. we tried to start a fire it was so cold, and as we did it, a snow storm decided to drop in! we couldnt put the tent up properly, and had to sleep in -7 degrees celcius. listening to bad music from a micra, whos speakers gave out more distortion than music. i had to pee in a bush because the nearest toilets ( 45 min walk away ) were locked. dave, our mate, had frost ont he inside of his tent! he also left botles of coke inside his tent, which froze into ice over night. people in caravans were leaving it was so cold. dave woke up with ice on his lips! everyones clothes were soaking.

i didnt have a wink of sleep in the night it was so cold. simon ( my boyfriend) only had a hour or two as he had a bad cough.
    anyway, dawn came. i was so happy. We went out on the track to watch the qualifying, and i hardly saw one car! i fell asleep on simons lap on the old hairpin, and again in the bar ( which we spent a hour and a 1/2 in at lunch)

it was so cold with a cutting wind we left early, and a bunch of our group left it was that bad! one went 500 miles back home!! anyway, me and sim decided to stay with about 6 others. that night ( saturday) we went to the pub and simon got a lot worse, so we HAD to go home. i wouldnt risk him getting worse, as he has to travel 100 miles monday to go back to uni.

So we missed the racing after paying for it, had to take down a tent in the pitch black with 1 torch and couldnt shower/pee. we ended up watching the racing on the tv earlier today, wishing we had of stayed because it looked nice and there was some good action. anyway sorry about the length, i jus needed to ***** about it lol

on the plus i got to spend a last few days with my boyfriend before he goes to uni!!!

The first part of this story was the funniest thing for some reason. What with the peeing in the bushes, the sudden snow-storm, etc.

I want to be sympathetic, but I've never had anything like this happen to me, so.. At least you're alive? Yes! At least you're alive =D And you made me laugh, whether or not you meant to.

Hope you had some kind of fun despite all of your short-comings =/ Welcome back, and, uh... *insert witty clincher-sentence here*

yeah the peeing in the bushes was not my greatest moment :-| yes im alive, just. lol we had some good laughs though. like putting a blow up sheep in a welsh guys sleeping bag then taking photos heh heh... and the donnington collection , which is liek a museum of classic cars ...anyone ever been? (from england)