+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Romantic Trip turned into a Hoilday from Hell

Romantic Trip turned into a Hoilday from Hell

This probably isn't as serious as some issues on here but i hope you guys can help me cause its really started to just effect my whole life.

During the summer I met a woman from Sweden here in Ireland during her hoildays, she was with her friend and i was with mine. My friend and her friend had got together during that first night but me and this girl just talked and talked about our lifes the lows and highs and we hung out all night held hands and just enjoyed each others company . I'm 27 she's 20 but I've never met a woman like her ever she was so easy going and i just felt at ease with her. I taught after that night i wouldn't hear from her again but my friend rang me two nights later that they wanted to meet up with us again. I was over the moon as i really wanted to see her again plus i've never been this popular with many women in my life so it was nice someone wanted to see me. That night we drank a little, we talked, i held her hand and i taught to myself i make a move in to kiss. She stopped me and told me She had a boyfriend. But she told me she was going to break up with him as he wasn't nice to her (Her friend told me the same later on that night). I taught okay another great girl got away but she wanted us to hang out again for the rest of the week in which we did. During the last night she gave me her phone number, added me on facebook and started to tell me i was the guy she always wanted and kissed me for a while . She told me to keep in touch when she left.

So for three months we kept in touch by phone and facebook, telling me every week she missed me and was dreaming every night of me been with her. I really fell for this girl at the time . On Webcam she was doing some stripping and mild sexual stuff for me and She kept telling me she would dump her boyfriend. My friend and Her friend had decided to set up a trip to Sweden for the middle of November for a romantic week. So she decided to ask me would i like to come over to vist her and seen as we were getting along so well and that she would dump her Boyfriend i said yeah. She tells me I won't regret a thing and would say we would have great sex together and that she wanted to spend as much time with me as possible. I paid of the flight (No Refunds) and the Hotel instead of a cheaper Hostel so are respective girls could get in too cause the hostels wouldn't allow it in Sweden this all coming to 600 euro. Expensive for a student but i taught it be worth it just to see her.

Then trouble started, last week she stopped calling and txting me for a few days. She told me she was going to break up with her boyfriend and was looking for a job so she could save and vist me in Dublin during the easter break. So I taught she be pretty busy so i leave her alone. 5 days went by and i saw that she was on facebook and i decided just to ask her how she was doing and that i miss her . She started to be real bitchy towards me telling me that i wasn't the guy she taught i was and that i acted like a teenager . I was always polite and probably a bit too over using of compliments but i never acted any different towards her. She then tells me She just wants to be "Friends". That if i come over we would still have a great time and that i should look for other girls and she would help me find some with a big smiley face at the end of it. I was shocked and a bit upset cause after all we spoke about after all she said to me just like that she wanted nothing but to be friends. I told her I was upset cause I really really liked her and felt we had something there and that she couldn't have told me this a week before seen as i booked the flights and hotel at least of given me the opition now i lost all this money and i had to go on a trip i didn't want to go on. She told me i was selfish for thinking of myself and spoiling it for everyone and that She wanted to see me and hang out. I told her if she wanted to be friends then Facebook was the place and that she could phone me. She then starting to call me names and just deleted me like that.

I haven't spoken or heard a word from her in days and I've been told by my friend she's going to show up no matter if i like it or not. I have become really moody and depresssed over the fact she let me down so much. My college work has been effected and i just sit in bed when i'm not in college going through all the bad this trip will bring,My so called friend doesn't seem to want to rock the boat with his girl so is telling me its going to be great and that i shouldn't let it get me down. Her friend is been polite just so i won't bad mouth her to my friend. So i haven't anyone to give me advice on what i should do so i decided to join this great forum and look for advice cause i really really like this girl. Am i over reacting to this? Thanks in advance

Are you absolutely sure nothing happened to make her change her mind so radically? A conversation you had, something?

If nothing happened, then maybe her boyfriend (whom she never intended to break up with) found out about you and told her to cut contact or anyway tell you explicitly that she isn't interested anymore.

She sounds insecure, confused and selfish. Is there no way you can cancel the bookings and get a refund? Or if that fails, invite a girl you like to come with? In any case, if the swedish girl shows up, just say hi and bye, and ignore her.

It really sucks that happened to you. I suggest you learn the lesson that's offered here:

Next time someone seems to be interested in you but has a boyfriend, the correct response is: "Let me know when you're single." Anything else leads to heartache.

No Searock nothing happened happened at all. She told me she was going to break up with her boyfriend and that would i give her space for a few days. I agreed and told her to take as much time as she wanted. I saw pictures of her tagged with her boyfriend that were recent of her kissing but i don't know if they were before or after we met that were put up by one of her friends.

I do think its her not wanting to break it off with her boyfriend cause when i said that to her she got a little angry.

I think its maybe just i was really nice to her and paid her a little attention and then when the tough got going and seen as i was serious she didn't want me . No my mate booked the flights and he said its non refundable so i'm stuck with this trip. I wish i could ignore her my mate is seen her friend and her friend wants her there. So I'm left on my own if i say to my mate that i don't want to hang with her cause he wants time with her friend. Its very wierd.

What about asking her friend about what might be going on?

About the trip... I'd still go. If its uncomfortable because of her I'd go by my own and have a good time

Quote Originally Posted by sickofdrama View Post
    What about asking her friend about what might be going on?

About the trip... I'd still go. If its uncomfortable because of her I'd go by my own and have a good time
    Her friend is a strange one she wants me to still go but when i bring up anything about her Friend she says she doesn't want to get in the middle of it.

I'm still going just to have a nice trip and enjoy myself be a bit and get away from college work for a while.