+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My wife might be pregnant... again

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    I was thinking about mentioning adoption as well.
    I know it's selfish of us... but we want to make a baby together.

Actually given my criminal history, adoption isn't really an option for us.

Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post
    I know it's selfish of us... but we want to make a baby together.

Actually given my criminal history, adoption isn't really an option for us.
    Criminal history eh? Does LA know about this? I might just drop him a pm.

On topic, please dont breed, ever.

Shit, I hope his current wife isn't pregnant. It'll be another reason for him to pick his new family over his son.

Fu​cker's startin' franchises.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by HeartIsAching View Post

I hope so. She's in her late 40's and I'm in my mid 40's... time is running out for us, and I've always wanted to have a child with her.

We had her hormone levels tested earlier this year and her doctor said they're fine, that she's nowhere near menopause, but you never know, huh? This stuff makes us think awful things.
    By the late 40s, she IS likely within a couple of years of menopause, and there isn't really any way to test for it. FSH levels vary according to your menstrual cycle, I believe, so you can't really use them as an accurate gage of menopause. She is likely in her perimenopausal stage. Her periods may become irregular — longer, shorter, heavier or lighter, sometimes more and sometimes less than 28 days apart. She may also experience menopause-like symptoms, such as hot flashes and sleep problems.

Women in your wife's age range are at significant (personal) risk during pregnancy, and about half of pregnancies end in miscarriage. Of those that survive, the odds are significantly higher that the baby will be unhealthy. Father's age at conception is linked to a higher risk of autism and schizophrenia, and mother's age increases the risk of chromosomal problems, such as Down's syndrome. This is assuming she even CAN get pregnant, but women over the age of 45 usually require medical intervention in order to do so.

I also think if you have cleaned your life up, you should consider pursuing adoption.
    Last edited by vashti; 26-09-12 at 11:37 PM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by KingZ View Post
    Shit, I hope his current wife isn't pregnant. It'll be another reason for him to pick his new family over his son.

Fu​cker's startin' franchises.
    Shit just got serious.

So hes an ex-criminal that abandoned his son to start a new family, and people are advising him to consider adoption?

Ridiculous.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    Shit just got serious.

So hes an ex-criminal that abandoned his son to start a new family, and people are advising him to consider adoption?

Ridiculous.
    I don't actually know if that was true.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

HIA - how old is your son?

Adoption is pretty expensive too no? Well, if you have any felonies then yeah I don't think adoption is an option...unless you do it privately or through other family members...

It's hard on older parents to care for a baby...you don't have as much energy and of course there are a lot more risks for the mother and the child as Vash pointed out. If your wife has to work too, on top of her age its going to be hard! I am 29 and it's hard working 32hrs a week and caring for 1 child...My BF is 24 and it's hard for him too. We are sooo tired all the time...BUT it's worth it..all the sleepless nights and getting poop and pee on you lol. My next door neighbor just had her 3rd baby 2 months after me...she is 40. My sister just had her 2nd baby a few weeks ago and she is 39....so whatever you want to do got for it!
    Last edited by Maple1714; 27-09-12 at 12:04 AM.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Adoption is expensive too...
    Not as expensive as a medically-complicated pregnancy.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Well, yeah maybe but if they have health insurance then the all the hospital stuff will only be as much as their out of pocket deductible..and that can be very high yes...but adoption can costs $40k + out of pocket depending on where they get the baby...If they don't have health insurance then they might be on medicaid and then it will be free for them and us tax payers pay for it indirectly...

I was adopted by my parents when I was 18 months old. They paid a lot out of pocket b/c I am Caucasian, American born. Also, with adoption you have lawyer fees...if you have to travel outside of the country you have all those costs and sometimes you will have to be away from home for weeks not working etc...its all expensive :/ Vash - you prob. know more about hospital expenses related to this - you are in the medical field right?
    Last edited by Maple1714; 27-09-12 at 12:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by iamaninnocentma View Post
    Shit just got serious.

Ridiculous.
    Yeah, basically. In short, he gave up his kid to move away with some other woman, and doesn't even enjoy seeing him. When he eventually *does* visit his kid, he spends his time posting on LF about how much he misses his wife.

Criminal low-lifes, I gotta tell ya...

Kinda shocks me that people are telling him to acquire MORE babies.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    sometimes those pregnancy tests lie... you should try it again just in case.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

My co-worker just told me he spent $72k out of pocket to adopt his son from a family member here in the U.S....

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Maple1714 View Post
    Well, yeah maybe but if they have health insurance then the all the hospital stuff will only be as much as their out of pocket deductible..and that can be very high yes...but adoption can costs $40k + out of pocket depending on where they get the baby...
    $40,000 would be a drop in the bucket if you had a child with a chronic medical condition. So would $72,000.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Yeah...I was referring to a medically complicated pregnancy...not a chronic medical issue the child would have for life...like autism...Anyway, moving on

adoption agencies are usually pretty good at assesing the competency of a family to adopt. And some criminal charges can be mitigated depending on what they are.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast