+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Engaged to one woman, casually meeting another woman w/ no specific intentions

Chris0516 Guest

Engaged to one woman, casually meeting another woman w/ no specific intentions

I am engaged to one woman, that I have known for five years. An online friend of mine that I have known for ten years, wants to introduce me to a local(to her) friend of hers. Since we will be chatting three-way on Yahoo IM, what would you think of a man engaged to one woman, chatting with another woman, just for the purpose of making friends?

An additional detail is fiance, friend, and friend of friend, are respectively 1800 n' 2000 miles from me. So I can't just walk over to their house. I don't think I am treading a fine line. But I would still like the ladies' opinions.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Chris0516; 24-09-12 at 01:29 PM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Only if your fiancee knows about it. Otherwise you're being sneaky. Being sneaky means you have something to hide. If you have nothing to hide, there's no reason why you can't mention it to your fiancee in casual conversation.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Only if your fiancee knows about it. Otherwise you're being sneaky. Being sneaky means you have something to hide. If you have nothing to hide, there's no reason why you can't mention it to your fiancee in casual conversation.
    If she would communicate with me, I would mention it to her. But I can't get a hold of her.

I think you need to stop that engagement .cause you still have the wrong mentality
    for someone that have a relationship. and i think you will be the first one that
    do something that lead to a divorce if you marry.

cause the way you ask is like you know what you are doing and that your intentions are wrong.

and if you have to do it in secret without your gf knows , then there is one more reason
    to say you love to cheat and break hearts.

stop wasting your gf's time, there are mature and respectful guys out there that she can have instead of suffer with u.

And what is your intention and your friends intention of meeting with this woman?

Like why? wht is the reason or need to meet her?

i think your friend love trouble 2.

you should be making male friends to go watch football with instead of looking for trouble.
    you re no teen, but adult. act like one.

Quote Originally Posted by InYourFACE View Post
    And what is your intention and your friends intention of meeting with this woman?

you should be making male friends to go watch football with instead of looking for trouble.
    Looks like Cheekxs is back.

Chris0516 Guest
    I think you need to stop that engagement .cause you still have the wrong mentality
    for someone that have a relationship. and i think you will be the first one that
    do something that lead to a divorce if you marry.

cause the way you ask is like you know what you are doing and that your intentions are wrong.

and if you have to do it in secret without your gf knows , then there is one more reason
    to say you love to cheat and break hearts.

stop wasting your gf's time, there are mature and respectful guys out there that she can have instead of suffer with u.
    While I am not doing it behind her back(it may never even happen anyway with my friend being moody as ****), I did want feedback on my question.

She already knows I know several women on the Net via e-mail discussion groups, who I only talk to about the subject area I met them in. But they are all casual acquaintances. No, I am not 'playing the field'. The woman in question, could only be a casual acquaintance/friend. There are too many logistical issues for a relationship to materialize.

Just to be friends. I don't 'need' to meet her. But my friend wondered if I could help bring the woman out of her 'shell', since she is shy and, I would see nothing wrong with being friends. As for making male friends, I can't stand the way guys behave. I could not stand it in high school, and I cannot stand it now twenty-five years later. Also, While I will watch NFL football, I don't like watching it with a bunch of beer drinking, smoking, foul-mouthed guys. I would rather watch a bowling tournament, than a football game, if I had my choice.

i wouldn't deal with it, if i knew the truth, and i were that girl.

i would want to be with a guy who was only interested in getting ME out of MY "shell."

let her find that person and get out of the way.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

i would want to be with a guy who was only interested in getting ME out of MY "shell."

My online friend of ten years, keeps being moody so, I may never chat with her friend. As for getting my fiance out of her shell, I have been working on that for several years.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0516 View Post
    If she would communicate with me, I would mention it to her. But I can't get a hold of her.
    What does this even mean? Tell us, have you ever met your fiance or is she another of your "online" friends?

I repeat Bluesummer's question: Why can't you you mention all this to your fiancee in casual conversation?

Dude give it up, you aint serious about no girlfriend and engagement. and with a friend like that who need enemy's.

your friend know also that you are engage so why would he want you to get involve
    with other woman.

like is it your job to help shy woman?

i think you are a joke and your engagement 2

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chris0516 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    What does this even mean? Tell us, have you ever met your fiance or is she another of your "online" friends?

I repeat Bluesummer's question: Why can't you you mention all this to your fiancee in casual conversation?
    I met my fiance online, then in person. If I could have a casual conversation with my fiance I would. But she hard to get a hold of. I barely missed a call from her yesterday, called her back, but have not heard from her, again since then.

Chris0516 Guest
    Dude give it up, you aint serious about no girlfriend and engagement. and with a friend like that who need enemy's.

your friend know also that you are engage so why would he want you to get involve
    with other woman.

like is it your job to help shy woman?

i think you are a joke and your engagement 2
    1. The friend is a woman(who my fiance knows of)

2. It is not my job to help shy women

3. I asked for advice and opinion. You did that. I don't agree with the attitude you conveyed, but you gave me what I asked for.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0516 View Post
    I met my fiance online, then in person. If I could have a casual conversation with my fiance I would. But she hard to get a hold of. I barely missed a call from her yesterday, called her back, but have not heard from her, again since then.
    So are you saying you're in a long distance relationship and most of your interaction takes place online or through other electronic means? When do you actually get to sit down with her and have a date, a discussion, a bonding with one another?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast