+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: we just got a new puppy!!!

I don't mind roaches as much. If I see a roach running around my kitchen, I see it for a second then look away..nothing special. If I see a tarantula running around my kitchen, my blood pressure will definitely go up. Then I'll try to catch it and put it in a mayonaise jar and feed it a roach.

Nah..I'd release the tarantula, and I'd try and squash the roach...if I'm not too lazy to get up and do it.

Sombra..what do you want to train your dog to do? Do you want a circus dog?? Just play with him. Oh, wait...I guess you should train him not to bring down your laundry when hung out to dry. Or dig too many holes or get out of your backyard... Hmm.. I think you can just smack him on the nose when he does something wrong (AT THAT VERY MOMENT ONLY) and scold him with an authorative tone..but don't hit him so hard that you make him whimper...that breaks my heart.

my mother always told me... use newspaper to make the dog learn, they get sared because of the noise, but you don´t hurt him.

but I think an autority voice and (paciencia) ¿? makes all to train your dog well. make him learn what he can do and what not.
    Y morirme contigo si te matas, y matarme contigo si te mueres,
    porque el amor cuando no muere mata, porque amores que matan nunca mueren

a newspaper that's good. this dog is very mellow. i think the major thing will be getting her to not jump on people. she's so big and she'll knock somebody over one day i'm afraid...

and i'm not into heavy disciplinarianism so that's no thing. she's very smart too and she'll learn fast.

i worry about my cats. they are hidden in a dog proof part of the house and they won't come out. i guess they will just have to get used to each other. one of my cats (zeik) smacked her, she came a little too close. they didn't even come into my room and beg for food in the morning like they normally do. but that was actually kinda nice...

paciencia: patience
    Last edited by misombra; 13-04-05 at 06:20 AM.

make sure your new dog and cats have contact growing up because this way he'll know they're her friends..otherwise he might try to eat them when she's older and more powerful.

ew that's frighening. i'm not sure this dog could hurt a fly though. if anything i think we'll have to toughen her up a little.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    sabrina was a teenage witch.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Misombra----How are you going to feed her? She'll chomp her way through 20% of your grocery bill.

lol i know huh? it's gonna be crazy. i'm sure we'll manage. there's feed stores in the valley that sell good dog food for cheap. and we don't really need dinner...

http://www.windhundwelt.de/images/!!irish-wolfhound-095.jpg

just to give you an idea of how freakin' huge irish wolfhounds are...

st. bernards are pretty big too but that'll definitely keep her from getting that huge. but i tell you all you would FREAK OUT if you saw how big my dog is lol!

[url]http://www.mjgkramer.com/switzerland/stbernard.jpg[/url]

there's a st. bernard.

i have yet to find a pic of a cross between the two. damn i wish i had my cam!!!

[url]http://www.iwclubofamerica.org/images/fppuppy.jpg[/url]

my puppy kinda looks like this guy...

[url]http://www.brettenhalls.de/gode6.Jpg[/url]

this one too.

she looks more like an irish wolfhound with just a few little st. bernard traits like soft ears and the white line that cuts down their face. soooooo cute!!!

Misombra----That's a big dog! I have visions of the dog walking you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12