+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why does he insist on playing games?

Why does he insist on playing games?

Some of you may recall I posted a few weeks back about my crush - well, he finally ended up calling. We hung out together Friday and it was really great. We were so comfortable with one another... talking the whole time with no awkward moments, and eventually we were cuddling, hugging, and kissing. Everything was amazing - I couldn't have asked for it to go any better. He was so sweet and into me. We've talked on the phone every day since then and I saw him briefly Sunday night, but today especially he was acting weird on the phone. I asked him if we were going to hang out this week and he responed with a, "Yeah, maybe." Maybe?! WTF is that supposed to mean? He was like, "Well, I say maybe to everyone. I never know what I'll be doing." Everyone? Who's everyone? "Everyone but my parents." Uhh, ok. Why does he have to play stupid games like this? Acting all wonderful in person, but on the phone being a macho jerk. I can play games too, buddy. I was thinking of being not so available from now on. He's calling tomorrow - I'll be busy. And this weekend? I'll be going out to the bars with the girls.

Why must guys be so complicated?!? *screams*

Its actually smart. What do you want him to tell? .."I WILL!"...what if he dies the next day? Not only did he die but he died a lier now.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

lol.. what if he dies the next day?
    "Ogres are like onions."

Quote Originally Posted by artyemi
    lol.. what if he dies the next day?
    Yea....what if? You never know. She said "this week". He says yes and goes out and gets hit by a semi-truck. He died a lier because he is incapable of accomplishing his promise. lol....

LOL. You guys know what I mean. Saying 'maybe' just made it seem like he didn't want to hang out.

Quote Originally Posted by chickadee
    LOL. You guys know what I mean. Saying 'maybe' just made it seem like he didn't want to hang out.
    I guess. I do not know how I would react to that truth-fully of a girl said that. Just ask him or something. he might have alot of other things on his mind and it is just what came out of his mouth.

Yea, that doesn't neccessarily mean that he doesn't want to hang out with you. I would have said that he's just not that into you as you thought, BUT you talked on the phone with him alot, and that's usually a big sign that he does like you. It seems that you might be the kind of woman that can easily start arguments and frustrations in a relationship just because of your partner's play on words. Allow him to be a little bit more vague. When he said 'maybe' he might have had something already planned but wasn't sure if it was going to turn-out right. Don't judge so quickly.

And just because he said 'everyone' doesn't mean that you should get all riled up over it. He's a man. He has friends. Associates. You two aren't 'married' yet, give him room to breathe. If you sufficate him, that's a big turn-off. I know from personal experience.
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.

sometimes guys just love to play this kind of stupid games... is so irritating..
    :: Dots Dot

Chicakdee,
    Making yourself less available is not a bad idea. The old saying "less is more" comes to mind. Just do yourself and him a favor and hold no grudge for the maybe.

A side note, these "games" are only bad if you convince yourself that they are bad.
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I