+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do I break up with him?

How do I break up with him?

I've been going out with this guy for a few months now and I dont want to go out with him anymore. He lives way to far away and I wanna see other people. I don't want to hurt his feeling but just wanna be freinds with him now. How can I tell him without hurting him? He's been hurt by way to many gurls before and I don't want him to feel so bad but I can't keep going out with him!

tough situtation...first off, just be honest, and tell him straight out. youre going to have to do it eventually and the longer you hold on the longer he's going to hurt. secondly, you're going to hurt him no matter what. there is no way around that. sucks eh? but that's the nature of the beast. good luck!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    yeah that is very true. no matter which way you choice, he will be hurt but it's life. getting hurt is what makes us stronger..usually. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

There are two ways out of this relationship:

1) Break up with him and hurt him a little.

2) Keep 'going out' with him, but and you will end up breaking his heart once he finds out about your next lover (because there will be another one, sooner or later.). Then you hurt him A LOT.

Your choice sweetheart. I wish There was an easier one to pick.

Your friend,
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

I also think that the best approach is to be straightforward and tell him, but I know how hard that can be.

I use to tend to get really close to women that I dated really fast, and then just want out.

But, I found out that I was never able to tell them that I wanted out.

I have found, to ease the pain on my end a little, I use a little trick where for a week or two I really focus on the things that make us uncompatible, and keep all the good things out of it.

Then we get in a little argument, and then say I can't do this anymore, and that really starts the breakup.

I know not the best way.

Once again, not the best way, but just about the only way I can do it. I have done it the right way a couple of times. One of the girls ran me over with a car, and the other girl stabbed me.

I have found out the best way to keep from breaking up, at least until you're sure it will be a LTR, is to make it a non-commital relationship, and then if you want to end it, it isn't even a break-up, you just stop that part of yor relationship.

My way--not perfect--but it always works.

STABBED and RAN OVER ??? Jesus Christ man. What did you DO to these women ???
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs