+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I need to just share this

I need to just share this

Hey guys,
    Just came to know my ex of 2 yrs is seeing someone new (well the guy she denied all the time of being anything more than a good friend). I know, I know very well.. its none of my business, I should get on with my life....but yes I just came to know bout it and like most of us, I am feeling lonely right now... . We all go through this and particularly this forum sees such post all the time..but hey ppl please for god's sake maybe just read through it (a reply would be more than welcome). I can't imme go and talk to any of my family, friends (except the cyber ones like you) etc... Yes I am sad, although I was getting on with my life I had that faint glimmer of hope somewhere (or maybe just that I had not hooked up with somebody else) and yes above all I know my own behavior sucks at this moment.. well I just hope to get out of it soon...
    Thanks guys, I feel better talking to you and I really do. Actually I want to say hell lot of things, but am restraining myself ...plz bear with such posts from me, for another day or two atleast...

Do you want to get back with the person? I do not understand why you are so sad.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

I dont know for sure.. frankly I never got the closure I wanted.. all the questions remained unanswered... I was having hard time with work and education and although I did make some mistakes but I never thought things could so wrong between us.. I was like this is love of my life..
    Anyway long story..but the good thing..am not feeling like love is all crap and ppl would always do this to you and things like that... I know there are lot of nice ppl out there and yes I will find someone with whom I would be madly in love... well uncharacteristic of me... I am being OPTIMISTIC for a change

Quote Originally Posted by confusedsoul
    Hey guys,
    Just came to know my ex of 2 yrs is seeing someone new (well the guy she denied all the time of being anything more than a good friend). I know, I know very well.. its none of my business, I should get on with my life....but yes I just came to know bout it and like most of us, I am feeling lonely right now... . We all go through this and particularly this forum sees such post all the time..but hey ppl please for god's sake maybe just read through it (a reply would be more than welcome). I can't imme go and talk to any of my family, friends (except the cyber ones like you) etc... Yes I am sad, although I was getting on with my life I had that faint glimmer of hope somewhere (or maybe just that I had not hooked up with somebody else) and yes above all I know my own behavior sucks at this moment.. well I just hope to get out of it soon...
    Thanks guys, I feel better talking to you and I really do. Actually I want to say hell lot of things, but am restraining myself ...plz bear with such posts from me, for another day or two atleast...
    I think a lot of people have been through this before... I know I have. I remember last year, I noticed an a girl I was dating getting closer to a guy friend... not too close, but she had known this guy for a while, and they had always been pretty good friends. Eventually after things ended between us, she hooked up with the guy, and I was kinda like "ha, I knew it all along"

But now I can barely remember that. Why? Because I am with someone new, better, smarter, funnier, etc. It's good that you are moving on, but you may need to take it a step forward. If you still have feelings for her, and she is with someone else, maybe a friendship isn't wise. It would only cause more problems in my humble opinion.

well OI, in my case it wasn't just a girl I was dating.. One day we were planning our marriage and the next day I came to know things are not so great with us..Came as a shocker, a bolt out of blue. Well I know ppl go through worst than this, it just that maybe I take lil bit pleasure in this self-torture. Yesterday was bad, however I tried to not think bout it, it kept on revisiting me... Cant we just turn this memory off..WTF I want to now go out and get drunk... again not something I usually do

Hey bro, I don't mean to sound unoriginal but I know how you're feeling right. Exactly, the same thing happened to me. I just found out my ex is seeing someone else yesterday. I've been feeling a bit down, since we did go out for 2 years.

Anyways, you know when someone is trying to cheer you up, and they say you can do much better, or her loss. It's TRUE! As long as you're in control of yourself and present yourself as a powerful guy, anyone who is no longer with you is going to feel like they have lost something.

What I'm going to try and do is to take care of myself and keep myself occupied. Always walk tall, occasionally raise an eyebrow, and move slowly. (I know you didn't ask for this kind of advice, but I'll tell you why its good stuff). Not only will you be acting like your a guy with everything under control, you'll feel like you have everything under control (most importantly, your emotions)

And when you're in another relationship, you'll be repeating many of the things you did with your ex like saying i love you, planning a marriage etc etc. But this time u know how things work, and you're in control. At this point in time you'll be smilling to yourself.

I know this was long, but I think I'm saying this stuff to make sure I do it too. Take care bro...keep me updated

Hey Richard,
    Thanks for ur advice and I dont mind it at all... These are the things which we need to follow (ok I did follow them for coupla months after my breakup) but they just slip through when you are down. I am fine now, trying to keep myself more than occupied..Lets see... this phase shall pass through..