+ Follow This Topic

Thread: The Birth Of A Human Being

The Birth Of A Human Being

Many diverse subjects are mentioned in the Qur'an in the course of inviting people to believe. Sometimes the heavens, sometimes animals, and sometimes plants are shown as evidence to man by God. In many of the verses, people are called upon to turn their attention to their own creation. They are often reminded how man came into the world, which stages he has passed through, and what his essence is:

(It is We Who have created you. Why, then, do you not accept the truth? Have you ever considered that (seed) which you emit? Is it you who create it? Or are We the Creator?) (The Qur'an, 56:57-59)

The creation of man, and the miraculous aspect of this, is stressed in many other verses. Some items of information within these verses are so detailed that it is impossible for anyone living in the 7th century to have known them. Some of these are as follows:

1. Man is not created from the entire semen, but only a very small portion of it (sperm).

2. It is the male that determines the sex of the baby.

3. The human embryo adheres to the mother's uterus like a leech.

4. The embryo develops in three dark regions in the uterus.

People living when the Qur'an was revealed, to be sure, knew that the basic substance of birth was related to the semen of the male emitted during sexual intercourse. And the fact that the baby was born after a nine-month period was obviously an observable event not calling for any further investigation. However, the items of information just quoted were far above the level of learning of the people living at that time. These were verified by 20th century science.

[URL=http://www.islamway.com/mohammad/?lang=eng]WHO IS MOHAMMED...P.B.U.H[/URL]
    [URL=http://www.islamicity.com/mosque/uiatm/un_islam.htm]understanding islam and muslims[/URL]

indigosoul Guest
    Oh, god. BD is much better at this...

::steps to plate::

Anatomical knowledge goes back MUCH earlier than the 20th century. Not the molecular biology, but then the Quaran doesn't describe these things in those terms.

The things you describe HAVE been known since at LEAST early Egyptian times (prob earlier, but I am sticking to recorded data here). Duh, you don't think embalming required a good knowledge of anatomy, or that they never had occasion to embalm a preganant woman? Much of Homers writing indicates a quite advanced knowledge of human antomy also. Hippocrates (c 400 BC) same. Not even counting countless animal sacrifices & observations of animal husbandry. Someone saw these things, thought about them, made a hypothesis and/or analogy to humans and wrote it down in your book. This proves nothing (for or against) for god. Sorry.

DaVinci predicted human flight (& much else) due to his good imagination & observation skills & was incredibly ahead of his time. Does this make him God or provide proof of such? Nyet.
    Last edited by indigosoul; 15-04-05 at 04:56 AM.

one.m is back! lmao oi!

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul
    The things you describe HAVE been known since at LEAST early Egyptian times (prob earlier, but I am sticking to recorded data here). Duh, you don't think embalming required a good knowledge of anatomy, or that they never had occasion to embalm a preganant woman? Much of Homers writing indicates a quite advanced knowledge of human antomy also. Hippocrates (c 400 BC) same. Not even counting countless animal sacrifices & observations of animal husbandry. Someone saw these things, thought about them, made a hypothesis and/or analogy to humans and wrote it down in your book. This proves nothing (for or against) for god. Sorry.

DaVinci predicted human flight (& much else) due to his good imagination & observation skills & was incredibly ahead of his time. Does this make him God or provide proof of such? Nyet.
    Wow. Indigo, mad props for even understanding One.moron's claim this time, I was really struggling to grasp it.

Your arguments are chock-full of facts, this is great! Mine usually attack logic. You can pinch-hit for me any time, man.

Peace.

Biology>>>>>>>>>>>>>puke>>>>>>>>>>>>>religion
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

indigosoul Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    Biology>>>>>>>>>>>>>puke>>>>>>>>>>>>>religion
    Hey, OV. I probably agree w/you, but I am NOT tracking... huh? Something about biology barfing back religion...?

Oh, and didja ask her yet/

So I leave for an extended period of time and this fool is still posting junk threads? Unfortunately some things never change, and some people never learn.
    Heit ist mein taug.