+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Over Protective Parents

Over Protective Parents

Let's say that you we're very much interested in a girl, (you're both still in high school) and you are considering a relationship. However, her parents don't trust you, and probably never will. Nothing you did, just the fact that you're dating their "little girl", is enough for them to dislike you. This basically means that even if they allow you to date her, you're going to have to make a large effort to see her. As in almost no alone time, short phone conversations, and them making any excuse for her to not see you.
    That's my situation. The joys of being 17, right? Anyways, do you think it's worth it to try a relationship, when her parents are going to be such... nazis?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How old is she?

And what grade are you both in?

She's 16, both Juniors in High School
    Last edited by OpticalIllusion; 15-04-05 at 01:03 PM.

If you really like her, give it a try. If you can keep being good to her for a while her parents should realize that it's ok. They need to realize that she's 16 and not a baby anymore. If they don't calm down after a little while then it's probably not worth it because it really sucks not to be able to spend time with the person you're going out with.

Heh... if only it were that simple to convince them to trust me. She's their first teenager and it seems like they treat her as if she is one of their other infant children. I'm sure that if I tried to talk with them about this, they'd say someone my age has no business telling them how to raise their children or something along those lines. I guess I never have found a good way to reason with adults. At least not these people. They are very stubborn.

Optical heres the deal if you havent worked it out yet. Ask your parents why if they some stupid dumb reasen like "because she is our little girl" tell them that your not some stranger and to trust into you more because you love this girl more than anything.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by wwefan300
    Optical heres the deal if you havent worked it out yet. Ask your parents why if they some stupid dumb reasen like "because she is our little girl" tell them that your not some stranger and to trust into you more because you love this girl more than anything.

Here's a tip Optical.

Don't listen to this guy.

Anyway, parents like that may be very difficult to sway, so either you wait another year (when you're out of highschool) or wait another 2, (when she's 18).

Unless you can devise an ingenius plan like...saving their daughter's life or somethin'.

persevere mate......persevere....

and best of luck

Hussain
    Are there no prisons? Are there no workhouses? - The Ghost of Christmas Past

im with mhussain

if you love her like that, you won't mind waiting.

BUT don't deprive yourself of opportunities with other girls. You could wait those two years or so out, and then you find out that the girl has lost interest in you. Don't make that mistake.
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.

OpticalIllusion----If you're really keen on her, you'll have to work on the parents. Since trust is an issue, you'll have to show that you're a trustworthy person. An archaic approach would be to go over to her house, and ask her dad permission to take his daughter out on a date.

He may refuse you flat out, or he may be so impressed at your politeness that he'll give his consent!

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    whether it's you, or the next guy, someone will step up to the plate to deal with the parents. why not take a stab at it??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    whether it's you, or the next guy, someone will step up to the plate to deal with the parents. why not take a stab at it??

raverboy
    mmmmm.... mkay. Now how exactly would you deal with the parents. Oh and btw, i've done most everything people have said. (asked their permission first, being very trustworthy, and stuff)

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I was the girl that had those parents in high school....my poor bf, he was scared to death of them. I wasn't allowed out past 12, no phone calls past 9, not allowed to be in a room alone EVER. My parents never let up, no matter how sweet or polite he was. They figured, as this girls parents probably do, that he was just some teenage bag of hormones out to screw their daughter.

Unfortunately, the only thing that cures psycho-parents is time. Don't try reasoning with them, they are adults and that would probably just insult their intelligence. It'll take a bit of effort, so only you can decide if it's worth it. My bf ended up with me for 5 years, so who knows........

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer
    I was the girl that had those parents in high school....my poor bf, he was scared to death of them. I wasn't allowed out past 12, no phone calls past 9, not allowed to be in a room alone EVER. My parents never let up, no matter how sweet or polite he was. They figured, as this girls parents probably do, that he was just some teenage bag of hormones out to screw their daughter.

Unfortunately, the only thing that cures psycho-parents is time. Don't try reasoning with them, they are adults and that would probably just insult their intelligence. It'll take a bit of effort, so only you can decide if it's worth it. My bf ended up with me for 5 years, so who knows........
    aye, listen to the expert.
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.