+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need some advice about responding to an ex

Need some advice about responding to an ex

So me and my ex broke up back in January over stupid stuff, but still stayed in contact till mid February. I even got her something for Valentines day when we weren't even hanging out, but found out the next day she was seeing one of my old friends and lied to me about it. That is when I just stopped contact with her and haven't talked to her since. Since then I have moved on and found an amazing girl that I am happy with. Just yesterday I get a text from my ex saying this:

"As I sit here watching my life fall apart I realize how right you were. I hope everything in your life is falling into place. I'm sorry for any pain I caused you. I hope life is turning out to be everything you've dreamed for. I don't want you to respond. I have a way of always messing up your life. Just know I'm sorry."

At this point I feel good that she is miserable because she deserves it for all the stuff she has done to me, but I am also someone who doesn't hold grudges. So what would you guys do in this situation? Should I ignore her or should I respond? I know that things with her and my old friend are done with so I see her just trying to contact me for attention.

You see her for what she is. Selfish, attention whore. Do not respond.

It's not about holding a grudge, it's about moving on and being happy. You have moved on, and you are happy..don't go backwards. Ignore it, and if she contacts you again, just tell her it's best if you two don't keep contact. Ignore all further contact from her.

She said:
    I don't want you to respond.
    I'd just read that a few times. The answer should automatically come to you.

She said the answer to your question in her own text..
    As long as your mumma love you, don't ever love a woman..

You can just treat her back as a normal friend. Stay happy with your current girl..

I'd actually be inclined to say that she does want you to respond.
    BUT if I were in your shoes I wouldn't. She's an ex for a reason, there's a reason why you stopped contact with her & haven't been in touch. I reckon she's suddenly realising she screwed up and is chancing her hand. Leave her in your past.

I'd actually be inclined to say that she does want you to respond.
    I'd be interested in hearing why you are so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    I'd be interested in hearing why you are so inclined.

hahahahahahhaahha

you sounds very mean to be happy about that.she is just saying sorry to you. so you ont have to look for more into that,\

just say to her that you accept her apology and you hope she learned something out o it. have a great life bye.

Quote Originally Posted by InYourFACE View Post
    you sounds very mean to be happy about that.she is just saying sorry to you. so you ont have to look for more into that,\

just say to her that you accept her apology and you hope she learned something out o it. have a great life bye.
    I'd be interested in why you think he should say what you recommend or anything for that matter when she has plainly told him
    I don't want you to respond
    Responding would simply be playing into her very transparent attempt at manipulation. Obviously she's not grown up in the least since their breakup so just ignore her. PERIOD.
    but I am also someone who doesn't hold grudges.
    You are'nt holding a grudge by not responding to her. Go about your business. You've moved on so keep it that way.

If you must let her know that you don't hold a grudge, get your new gf to email her that the two of you are doing just fine and InYourFACE has asked me to tell you thanks for the apology. (lol, joking~kinda)