+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Girlfriend lied and is now distant

Girlfriend lied and is now distant

So this has been going on for a while and I have finally decided to seek advice on it.

So me and my girlfriend have been dating for almost a year now and were together for a few months before that. We are both nearing the end of our college careers and looking towards the future and trying to plan things out accordingly with each other but I am hesistant because of how she has become so distant towards me and feels the need to lie about small things. About two months ago she went on a vacation with her family that I was supposed to go on and her parents decided at the last second that they only wanted their family to go. While there we texted like usual and everything was great. One night she decided to go drink with her younger brother and told me that he had met a girl and they were going to her condo and she was going to supervise. She also told me to call her when I got home (one of my best friends kid was turning 2 so I went to his parents house to celebrate). When I got back to my house I called her and she didnt answer so I didnt think anything of it and figured she was already alseep. She then called me at 5 AM and told me her brother had gotten sick and that she had to take care of him and couldn't answer. Then she told me there was a guy there her age and that nothing happened. 2 weeks later when we were together she told me to send a picture from her phone to my computer so we could print it out and frame it(true story, I give her space and make sure not to look through her things because I do not want to cause a conflict that could easily be avoided and try to put my trust in her). While on her phone there were about 20 pictures from that night with about 7 or 8 guys and her and I asked her about it. When I did she got all made and started making excuses for not telling me the truth and tried to tell me nothing happened but I found it hard to trust her. Since then she has been very distant and we have had very little sex ( 4 times in 2 months). Also she lies to me about who is with her and her friends when they have girls night.

I tried to keep it short and can add details to the incidents in question if needed.

Can anyone help me with how I should confront her and try to figure things out?

Confused and hurt boyfriend.

How come you think that just because she has photos of her and other guyS that she has somehow done something to break your trust? If it was her and ONE guy, I'd be more inclined to not believe her.

Anyway, I'm not sure if she has emotional barriers up because she has done something to betray you or because you not trusting her and acusing her of stuff has made her that way.

How do you know she lies about who she is with when she has girl's night? Have you had her followed or do you do investigative work of some sort to actually find out the truth or are you just assuming she's lying?

I know you're confused and hurt but if you don't trust and she's actually giving you solid reasons why you shouldn't trust her then why stay with her only to live your life with her in angst and confusion?

You can talk with her once again about how you feel the relationship has been deteriorating and is she feeling the same way and then decide from that convo which way you'll both go ~ on a path back to the way you once were, or two completely different paths alone.

It is more than just the phots, she has consistently lied about who she is with recently and openly flirts with other people in front of me. She had been acting distant before I saw the photos

Just dump her and start moving on. She'll probably come back, but it's probably not worth it. Hell, her lying aside, sex 4 times in two months would do it for me unless there were extenuating circumstances. The girl is distant, she doesn't want to have sex, why are you still with her? Time to call it and move on.

Yeah, leave her and find someone who really wants to be with you.
    Good decisions come from experience. Experience comes from bad decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremygl09 View Post
    It is more than just the phots, she has consistently lied about who she is with recently and openly flirts with other people in front of me. She had been acting distant before I saw the photos
    Well, yea that settles it then. No?