+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I give shirt back?

Should I give shirt back?

This girl and I have been talking for over a year but she is too afraid to commit. Everything was going great the first few months we were talking, but after a while when feelings started to get deeper she started to retreat. She wouldn't come over as often, she started blowing me off for her friends, and when she did come over I was always on a time limit b/c she would have to go somewhere else later, usually with her friends.

When the summer came I got fed up with this and stopped communicating with her. This wasn't just random either, I brought it to her attention numerous times how I felt about everything but she seemed to never hear it all the way through. During the summer while we were both away from college she went home to London and while we were not communicating she bought me a souvenir shirt and brought it back. All of her friends however she only bought them key chains or some type of candy while the only other person to get another article of clothing was her brother whom I believe she see's as a father figure. We started communicating again for the remainder of the summer but as soon as we got back to school she started to retreat again.

My question is should I return her the shirt? I validate it by saying that although she purchased it for me she didn't buy it out of pure feelings. She is sending a lot of mixed signals and the shirt just reflects upon that. If she would have legit bought it and I knew for a fact she cared about me during the time of purchase this wouldn't bother me, but as of now I feel like she bought it without knowing what she really wants. She has told me that she really just fears the relationship ending if we were to get into one.

I plan to give it back to her and telling her that she can return it back to me whenever she is sure that I am what she wants.

Sorry if this is hard to read. I can explain in more detail if need be.

The shirt doesn't mean anything, you're using it as a tool to "punish" her for not feeling the way you do. Don't even bother, just say nothing and do nothing. If she wanted to be with you she would make the effort, and after a year she still hasn't.

Sorry bro, this shirt idea isn't going to get you anywhere, it will just leave a bad taste in both your mouths.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Throw the shirt away and delete her number...

Some guy I was dating in a similar situation left a pair of underwear, his cell phone charger and a shirt he had bought me at my house. I threw it all away and went no contact.