+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question to Christian friends

Quote Originally Posted by bohemiandonut
    You can just post your question here, there are a lot of helpful people amidst all the annoying ones.

But, if you decide to go the route of the sheep, any Christian priest would be willing and ready to hear about your problems. People like that generally love to give advice, and they won't question your faith before hearing you out.

Really though, you should just private message me. That's probably the best thing you could do. Ever.

Peace and good luck on your spiritual journey!
    Hey,
    I had asked the question because whatever info I found on internet was real confusing. Thanks to your replies, I actually gave a call to local church and got an appointment with the priest. Well he was in first place surprised as to why I am doing so I mean coming to a catholic and talking and all that. But when I explained it to him, he was more than happy to help me..which I guess you had said early... It was really good to speak to someone, the thing is it isn't confession per se, but something more than that.. Anyway I think someone has touched upon that issue here, and I would reply to that post...

here is almost what I want

Quote Originally Posted by Stillinlove
    Light dark, good evil, they really dont matter in the end. You know what is right and wrong. Confessing your sins to an invisible face helps alot, i know i talk to the dark all the time... But until youve come to terms with yourself over what youve done and what youve become. you will never find peace of mind. Look within yourself for once. Not in a selfish way, but look at yourself and accept what you are, and promise to change. I dont know if theres a god or not, but im pretty sure he would be tired of solving everyones problems by now. But what the hell do I know?
    Stillinlove, I think you spelled my dilemma in your post. I have confessed my sins to an invisible figure whom I call god. I can see my changes and I utterly hate the person I have become over the years. Earlier I used to try to change my ways, but that never happened. Now I have come to a point where I feel that it wont happen ever, I wont be the good person I was once and that's the reason I am keeping myself away from god (shunning my faith, not being a believer anymore whatever).
    Its kind of a cycle, I feel I need to clear all my guilt to be a good person again. But then its so overwhelming (believe me, I have not killed anyone or done anything bad to others) that I just keep doing the wrong things. So I dont feel close to god and that faithlessness kills me...

Anyway, I think I am rambling a lot, maybe I will give it a shot from home..

Confusedsoul----You sound wrecked with guilt. Good though, to hear that you found someone to talk to.

Confusedsoul----You sound wrecked with guilt.

Carry on.

In regards to the catholic faith, you people have no idea what your talking about. There is no confusion on what the church (the institution) believes , only confused lay people who were no taught right and have no desire to learn. They want it all to be easy, but its not.

The gift of salvation is free, but it will cost you everything.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Can someone lock this thread? It is three years old.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Can someone lock me and vash in a room overnight?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good idea!
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    DM, it's like the end of the rainbow. it's all smiles and joys, but once you get there, you'll find out the truth and be utterly disappointed.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

1 word...

...whatthe****.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^^^^ see, you know that you want the f word back too.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Tedel Guest
    Well, confusedsoul...

There is no problem if you get into a church and speak out your darkest deeds to a priest. However, I'd recommend you not to go into the church and do it, but to go into the priests office, ask for an appointment (no busy schedules, don't worry) and talk them over mentioning you are looking for advice and not for a confession.

This, because confession is a sacrament for catholics (not a ceremony) and it is very special. As a matter of fact, Catholics believe in a real presence of God in every sacrament. This is to say that a Catholic doesn't confess his sins to the priest but to Jesus Christ himself.

Evangelists would kindly ask you to confess your sins to God "in the secrecy of the night" (praying in your f*cking bedroom) and to ask for help if you need it, but as an advice only.

Tedel Guest
    Now, you can also speak your mind on Yahoo answers or here...

Forgivness doesn't erase your sins. Sometimes punishment is neccesary.
    Don't expect anything.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12