+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question to Christian friends

Question to Christian friends

Hey ppl,
    I have a question regarding confessing our sins to the god. Can a Non-Christian visit a church and confess and/or talk to the priest about any moral issues that he is facing??? I dont want to exactly confess, but still I want to speak to someone in such a spiritual position. From the information that I found on net, I think its not possible...but still I would like to know if anyone of you has some idea..

My thinking is, that god being one single identity I should be allowed to speak to someone about my faith, morality related problems. I know its kind of complicated, whatever is on my mind...I hope there would be some way out...
    Please help me guys..

You can just post your question here, there are a lot of helpful people amidst all the annoying ones.

But, if you decide to go the route of the sheep, any Christian priest would be willing and ready to hear about your problems. People like that generally love to give advice, and they won't question your faith before hearing you out.

Really though, you should just private message me. That's probably the best thing you could do. Ever.

Peace and good luck on your spiritual journey!

Confusedsoul----The church isn't a secret club. You can walk in anytime and ask to speak to a priest etc.

The lousy part is that the church itself is confused over moral issues. Evangelicals vs. Liberals argue to death over so many issues, most recently over the issue of homosexuality. So if you walk into 2 churches, you may come out with 2 different opinions.

I dont get it. If god is "all forgiving" then he should just forgive "all" the time.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins
    I dont get it. If god is "all forgiving" then he should just forgive "all" the time.
    I do.

(You are forgiven for being a virgin.)

Right. Because we shouldn't be held accountable for anything that we do. We should be able to run wild doing anything and everything we want to. We should be able to rape kids, do drugs, eat babies, shoot old people, stab faggots and infect each other with aids without any form of consequence.

Because...I mean...if God is "all forgiving", we should just be able to do whatever the hell we want, right...? He will forgive us, right?

What a ****ing retarded thing to say.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog
    Right. Because we shouldn't be held accountable for anything that we do. We should be able to run wild doing anything and everything we want to. We should be able to rape kids, do drugs, eat babies, shoot old people, stab faggots and infect each other with aids without any form of consequence.

Because...I mean...if God is "all forgiving", we should just be able to do whatever the hell we want, right...? He will forgive us, right?

I didnt say it. Catholics do all the time. I hear them say "God is all forgiving" all the time. Anyways...we have laws to prevent those things. I agree with you that those things should not be allowed but the only thing preventing them are laws...no god. I do believe humans have rights and such but the aids thing is bogus. Your problem if you have sex with me and I have aids.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Quote Originally Posted by confusedsoul
    Hey ppl,
    I have a question regarding confessing our sins to the god. Can a Non-Christian visit a church and confess and/or talk to the priest about any moral issues that he is facing??? I dont want to exactly confess, but still I want to speak to someone in such a spiritual position. From the information that I found on net, I think its not possible...but still I would like to know if anyone of you has some idea..

My thinking is, that god being one single identity I should be allowed to speak to someone about my faith, morality related problems. I know its kind of complicated, whatever is on my mind...I hope there would be some way out...
    Please help me guys..
    Although I'm no longer christian, no christian church that i've heard of will turn anyone down whose looking for advice.
    The only mature way to use power, is to use it to serve those that are powerless.

Love is an art; some paintings can be dark, some can be light- but all are beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybog

Without evil, could there be good?

If death is a voyage, then does it matter?

Who suffers more, the victim or the criminal acknowledging his evil life on earth?

Donut----"Without evil, could there be good?"

YES! Good can exist without evil. I don't see both as counterbalancing each other eg. yin/yang, light/dark.

I see evil as a distorted version of Good. A paler version of the original. A copy. Example, if we're hungry we can buy a donut to fill us up, that's good. However, if we eat 6 donuts because they're free, that's evil. Glutonny is the twisted version of Hunger.

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Donut----"Without evil, could there be good?"

YES! Good can exist without evil. I don't see both as counterbalancing each other eg. yin/yang, light/dark.

I see evil as a distorted version of Good. A paler version of the original. A copy. Example, if we're hungry we can buy a donut to fill us up, that's good. However, if we eat 6 donuts because they're free, that's evil. Glutonny is the twisted version of Hunger.
    I'm not so sure...

How would we recognize good if evil did not exist? Wouldn't it be just a comfortable neutrality? I see everything as a diversity from the original value-less source. Pleasure/pain, love/hate, good deeds/evil deeds.

Don't confuse value-less neutrality with something cold and sad. Do connect it with God. By it's very essence, it would be very comfortable, like body-temperature water.

Donut----Pleasure and pain are given equal weightage? I hope for the sake of humanity (and for my peace of mind) that pleasure and love will override.

Light dark, good evil, they really dont matter in the end. You know what is right and wrong. Confessing your sins to an invisible face helps alot, i know i talk to the dark all the time... But until youve come to terms with yourself over what youve done and what youve become. you will never find peace of mind. Look within yourself for once. Not in a selfish way, but look at yourself and accept what you are, and promise to change. I dont know if theres a god or not, but im pretty sure he would be tired of solving everyones problems by now. But what the hell do I know?
    Boys dont cry...

Quote Originally Posted by Chlorine
    Donut----Pleasure and pain are given equal weightage? I hope for the sake of humanity (and for my peace of mind) that pleasure and love will override.
    Me too!

I also hope that light will triumph over evil, because I like to see.

And that pretty girls will triumph over ugly ones, because I like to see those too.

But that doesn't mean either could exist without its opposite. It's all relative.

I don't think you can really experience love until you've felt the abominable sorrow of heartache. Neither can you experience good experience until you've had the Safeway Select brand. It's all about learning more and more about things: love, food, sex, wine, music... even morality!

Donut-----"experience good experience until you've had the Safeway Select brand. It's all about learning more and more about things: love, food, sex, wine, music... even morality!"

Yaaoow, you've turned my simple pleasures in life (like a walk down the garden path) into pure hedonism.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast