View Poll Results: Kissing another guy/girl while being in a relation ship is...

Voters
109. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cheating

103 94.50%
  • Not cheating

6 5.50%
+ Follow This Topic
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Cheating poll

Rosebud is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    oops... I was going by the avatar!! that explains a lot now!
    If you can't handle the thorns, don't crave the rose!!

yup i would have to say you think highly of yourself. Do i mean you will have an affair? No, I simply believe no one is above the lures whatever they may be. Sort of like none of us want car accidents(well some of us and lets say those are the ones who go looking for affairs), but sadly some of us have them. Some are our faults."we were going to fast in the rain." others simply happen"a tire blows at 80 mphs on a turnpike." The idea is we dont go out looking for it but it does come and sometimes we fall and sometimes we stand.
    Life is a city full of swaying streets,
    and death the marketplace where all ends meet
    ~three faces of eve

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Tearslost
    yup i would have to say you think highly of yourself. Do i mean you will have an affair? No, I simply believe no one is above the lures whatever they may be. Sort of like none of us want car accidents(well some of us and lets say those are the ones who go looking for affairs), but sadly some of us have them. Some are our faults."we were going to fast in the rain." others simply happen"a tire blows at 80 mphs on a turnpike." The idea is we dont go out looking for it but it does come and sometimes we fall and sometimes we stand.

well I can respect that you think and feel that way, and if that's the case should I feel angry that you think I look at myself as a respectable person? NO! and I know the type of person I am and that I treat people with respect until they give me to reason to think otherwise so on that note, I stick to the fact that I will never cheat!

If you are truly in love, I think you should be able to resist temptation. Of course, that's just my opinion.

I'm not trying to change your mind I'm simply stating my opinion and that is all it is. ;p
    ~three faces of eve

I agree with this post.

They call cheating escapades "affairs". This implies that it is a dealing that one could get swept away or caught up in. In my cases, I cant say that I didn't set myself out looking for trouble...but lets be realistic: there are plenty of others that happened in the spur of the moment. Sometimes alchohol has helped along the way in those sorts of cases.

When we sign up for relationships..we want whats best..and we show our best selves as our image to begin with. Little by little, our SOs learn about where we slip and where we slide. Which everyone does to a degree in some area of their life! When we sign up to drive..most of us are careful at first..and do our best to fall within the codified parameters of what our society calls "acceptable".

I dont beleive for one moment that the young, wide eyed, rookie, driver will never falter. I know that every driver will at some point violate a law. A cop once showed me his book: "the CVC or California Vehicle Code": the damn book was about twice the size of the bible. He said "You see this." I was like "yeah"..then he said "this is 1800 pages of probale cause..you cant drive from here to your house without violating something in this book..when you do... I can stop and detain you."

I find what you have said to be perfectly analagous. When you drive you are in control of a large, solid, fast, moving machine that can kill people. Wear your seatbelt when you drive. Wear a condom when you cheat. If you are not careful.........cheating without using protection and you can end up dead too.

Rosebud, I dont beleive for one moment that at your young age..that you *know* what you will or wont do for the rest of your life. I dont see how you can prove this wrong.
    Last edited by carpflounder; 25-10-05 at 02:39 AM.

You know 6 months ago i would have said i agreed with you, but since than i have a different outlook on life. Due to the fact i know i love her and yet i still did it. The problem is most of the time when these things are happening your not thinking about the other people involved(selfishness).

After all we always hurt the ones we love and why would we do that if we loved them?
    ~three faces of eve

That's fine, I cheated when I was younger and I wouldn't do it again. I thought I was in love at the time. I now know I wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Junsui
    That's fine, I cheated when I was younger and I wouldn't do it again. I thought I was in love at the time. I now know I wasn't.
    How do you know that you would never cheat again? I'd bet..before you cheated..you used to think "I'd never cheat in the first place"

How do you know that you would never cheat again?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    [QUOTE=carpflounder

Rosebud, I dont beleive for one moment that at your young age..that you *know* what you will or wont do for the rest of your life. I dont see how you can prove this wrong.[/QUOTE]

I'm not trying to prove anything, I'm stating my feelings. At my "young age" I have gone through several things that many don't even experience in their lifetime and without stating any of them, they have all given me a lot of experience and ways to look at different situations. I have been cheated on and abused by people. Because of that if I would not put myself in a situation that would cause me to hurt someone else, I have very strong feelings about cheating. And I know that if I was ever put into a situation I would leave as I have done in the past. Sorry that's just how I feel, I'm not ragging on anyone else for what they have done or will do, these are just my thoughts and my opinions as to my own actions!

lol no I never thought about it before. I know because I feel like I've grown, at least some, since I was 19. My reasons for going into relationships before were different than what they are now.

I wish I didn't agree, but I do. I think it is hard to know how you will react to something until it happens, and I'm not talking about when you have been in a relationship for just a few years - I am talking about long term relationships where the intensity of emotion is diminished.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I see how you guys can feel the way you do But, I just don't feel that way.

Cheating simply occurs because of not thinking. There's no two ways about it (unless you're one of those people looking for it to happen). Logically, we love out of selfishness. You love someone for what they do for you, and if you love that person, it is because of all the things they do for you and the complete life and happiness that they give you. Cheating usually occurs because someone doesn't feel like they are getting a certain aspect of the relationship, and so they go elsewhere for it. So, I submit that you're not really cheating, because you're not really in love. HOWEVER, you are betraying someone's trust, and this will ultimately hurt both people. There's no point in not just breaking off a relationship if you're not satisfied, rather than cheating. And if there's circumstances in which you feel like its possible you could cheat, AVOID THEM. Some people just need to look at the big damn picture sometimes. Alcohol going to make (yeah right, it won't make you) you cheat? Here's a fun idea: don't drink around girls. And STD's are on the low end of things to think about when cheating. If you're being so selfish, I'd hope you'd be thinking about yourself enough to not **** a disease-ridden skank. If you do, you must not have much of a girlfriend... or self respect. You should always be thinking about the person you "love" (if thats the case). I've never had a problem turning down a girl, whether I'm in a relationship or not. If you can't realize you're being seduced, or whatever excuse you have, that's your own damn fault for not paying enough attention to your life and not taking a step back. Screw comparing cheating to getting in an accident, i'd say its more comparable to being offered drugs. If you really feel strongly about not wanting to do it, just say 'no'.

But, I think the point of this thread has become more of a "would you accept your SO cheating? Would you forgive?" If you think you're justified in cheating, you really shouldn't feel that bad about your SO doing it either. One way or the other, don't be a hypocrite.
    I'm drowning in assholes.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Debunkt
    Cheating simply occurs because of not thinking. There's no two ways about it (unless you're one of those people looking for it to happen). Logically, we love out of selfishness. You love someone for what they do for you, and if you love that person, it is because of all the things they do for you and the complete life and happiness that they give you. Cheating usually occurs because someone doesn't feel like they are getting a certain aspect of the relationship, and so they go elsewhere for it. So, I submit that you're not really cheating, because you're not really in love. HOWEVER, you are betraying someone's trust, and this will ultimately hurt both people. There's no point in not just breaking off a relationship if you're not satisfied, rather than cheating. And if there's circumstances in which you feel like its possible you could cheat, AVOID THEM. Some people just need to look at the big damn picture sometimes. Alcohol going to make (yeah right, it won't make you) you cheat? Here's a fun idea: don't drink around girls. And STD's are on the low end of things to think about when cheating. If you're being so selfish, I'd hope you'd be thinking about yourself enough to not **** a disease-ridden skank. If you do, you must not have much of a girlfriend... or self respect. You should always be thinking about the person you "love" (if thats the case). I've never had a problem turning down a girl, whether I'm in a relationship or not. If you can't realize you're being seduced, or whatever excuse you have, that's your own damn fault for not paying enough attention to your life and not taking a step back. Screw comparing cheating to getting in an accident, i'd say its more comparable to being offered drugs. If you really feel strongly about not wanting to do it, just say 'no'.

But, I think the point of this thread has become more of a "would you accept your SO cheating? Would you forgive?" If you think you're justified in cheating, you really shouldn't feel that bad about your SO doing it either. One way or the other, don't be a hypocrite.
    LOl,,, yay!!!! I knew you were on my side debunkt!!!!

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast