+ Follow This Topic

Thread: What to do with my life?

What to do with my life?

Hey all! Me and my first girlfriend broke up about 7 months ago but I still find myself thinking about her a couple of times every day even though I shouldn't. I got treated pretty bad, but I admit that it's my own fault that I let myself get treated that way due to my lack of experience.

Right now I'm in a pretty rough time of my life. I started studying this year, exercise therapy (literally translated that myself, it's close to physiotherapy) but I don't know wether I want to continue this, I might want to study for being a sarge at the marines.

Anyhow, I feel like I really need someone who knows me very well and someone I can feel happy with because right now I'm certainly not. So that's the cause to why I've been thinking more and more about my ex. I feel pretty lonely and I'm completely stuck on what to do with my life. Wether I want to continue college or enroll in the army.

Does this mean I still even have feelings for her? I'd love to meet a new girl who can truly understand me and know me but I have no idea how I'm going to find this.

So it pretty much comes down to that I can't choose what to do and I've been feeling very unhappy lately. I feel the need for someone I can love and being loved back and understood so I can feel better about myself and my whole situation and make a decision. Though I can't seem to find someone. What should I do about all this?

I dont think it means that you still love her. You answered your own question in a way by saying you want to meet a new girl.

If you want someone new then I think you have moved on. Join some clubs and find a girl.

As for getting advice on your course, maybe a mate or your parents?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphyn View Post
    Anyhow, I feel like I really need someone who knows me very well and someone I can feel happy with because right now I'm certainly not. So that's the cause to why I've been thinking more and more about my ex. I feel pretty lonely and I'm completely stuck on what to do with my life. Wether I want to continue college or enroll in the army.
    I would advise against the army. It seems that you're through some things emotionally and choosing the military seems like a bad idea, because it seems it would cause MORE stress on you. Let it be known that that I was NEVER in the military, but I was once pondering the option too. I would think the best thing would be to focus on empowering yourself. Finish school, get into your carreer and then focus on love. Hell, you MIGHT even find love during your empowering process. :-)

I just wanted to respond and give my vote against going in the military. But of course, the decision is ultimately yours. :-) I wish you the best.

I agree with the above poster.

Both poster have given their best to you, i also agree with these reply and best advice for you alphyn.

Thanks everyone. Lately I've been feeling much better. I quit my study because it was a rash decision and it didn't really suit me. Now I'll be working fulltime this year starting today actually, and I'll definitely find a nice study again. Also stopped smoking weed (it's easy to come by in Holland, lol) and that's made me feel much better in itself.

Cheers.

Edit: Join some 'clubs'? What kind of clubs? I assume you mean about anything, from sports club to social clubs.

My advice is to just move on in life. Forget the past and focus on the present anticipating the future.