+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsure what to do...

Unsure what to do...

Hello everyone, my name is Jack, I'm eighteen years old and I've just finished my second week at Uni.

I'm really enjoying the course I'm on and the people in my class are fantastic. I've had one girlfriend before (long distance but we met up after 6months. We broke up soon after because it wasn't fair on either of us) but overall I am very inexperience on the topic of girls. I've always been shy around girls, I'm that sort of bloke. I think a girl in my class,Jess, fancies me and I fancy her back. A different girl who is attractive asked me out to the pub to swap notes and help her with work. This girl is called Claire and she is lovely but I'm not into her.

I like Jess and I think she likes me back but I'm not 100% sure. She was delighted when I asked for her Facebook and she has my number but when I talk to her she goes all quiet. I don't know if she is shy or just tolerating me. I can't read girl's minds! I don't know if going to the pub with Claire ( I've never been to a pub before) is a date or not. I don't want Jess to get the wrong impression and think I'm a player but I don't want to upset Claire either. If Jess doesn't like me and I upset Claire or if I upset Jess and Claire really does want to ask for help on writing, I'll be alone. I don't want to be alone.

The last thing I want to do is upset anybody! I've never had many friends before so I don't want to be seen as the bad guy. What should I do?

Why don't you ask Claire in a different place to swap notes?
    If she don't want so maybe she have something with you!
    About Chess, she was quiet . That's normal with a facing girl. She was shy.

You are single. You can go to the pub with whoever you like. But if you fancy Jess then ask her out on a date. And grow some balls.

Have a drink with Claire, and ask out Jess later. Going to the pub with someone doesn't make you a player, don't worry about that. I'd say get a few people from your class to all go to the pub together after a lecture or something, ask Jess to come too then after necking a few jars ask her if she wants to meet up again just the two of you.
    "... Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

Just thought I would let everyone know, things have changed. The pub thing on Tuesday didn't happen because she was ill and on Thursday she was working. She hasn't spoken to me today so I think she has lost interest.

On the other hand I managed to have a conversation with Jess today. Our friend Tim was there so it was alright. I don’t want to be friend zoned but it’s early days yet. At least we can talk now! We might be going to a writing group together so we should be able to talk then. :-)

Good - ask her out then, the sooner the better.

Quote Originally Posted by St Force View Post
    We might be going to a writing group together so we should be able to talk then. :-)
    Gosh, how exciting. Now stop pissing about and just ask her out. I bet you haven't got the balls.

If I ask her out to soon. I'll look like some guy who just wants sex and put her off. Believe it or not I like her for who she is.

Just ask her out and see the outcome. Are you having confidence issues? Gotta believe in yourself. Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by St Force View Post
    If I ask her out to soon. I'll look like some guy who just wants sex and put her off. Believe it or not I like her for who she is.
    Is she not shaggable then? And wait too long and she'll think your a painfully shy little boy who's scared to make a move, oh wait.......

Quote Originally Posted by AbkII View Post
    Just ask her out and see the outcome. Are you having confidence issues? Gotta believe in yourself. Prepare for the worst, but hope for the best.
    Yes I do. I've never been an out going child and in class I struggle to read things out loud. I've used to rejection. If she says no she will tell everyone and I'll never live it down. I was the outcast at my school and I don't want to be that again. If she says yes it will be the best thing ever but it's one hell of a risk.

Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Is she not shaggable then? And wait too long and she'll think your a painfully shy little boy who's scared to make a move, oh wait.......
    I think she's beautiful. I don't want to be friendzoned but I don't want to look like a creep looking for sex. I need to give it some time but not to much.
    Last edited by St Force; 14-10-12 at 04:00 AM.

You will get friend zoned if you don't grow some balls and ask her out now. There is no such thing as asking them out too soon....that is another insecure guy's lame ass excuse that I have read a million times on this forum. Asking a girl out isn't being creepy creep looking for sex....yet another lame ass excuse. You are being a tool......cut it out.

Right so, I asked her out last week and she said she had work. Fair enough. She's avoided me since so I think I've spooked her. Either she's so shy she running away or she doesn't like me. Bugger.

Bad luck mate, but at least you gave it a shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast