+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Why would he not give his number?

Why would he not give his number?

I have a male friend I really like and who I have great chemistry with. We have spent time with each other both socially and just us and we get on really well. We talked last week about doing something next weekend (amongst other things) but when I asked a mutual friend for his number (house number...he doesn't have a mobile) as I wanted to ask him about the event we had talked about going to she said he was always reticent to give out his number but he had asked her to send me details of the event.

I will be seeing him again on Monday...I'm just wondering whether to mention it or ask him about the event or just assume he has changed his mind (though that is out of character)

I'm really confused!!

Kind of confused on the information trail you layed out there. Anyway, just ask the guy on Monday if plans are still on for the weekend. Not a big deal. And if you get together this weekend, get his number, from him.
    ...as ancient astronaut theorists would suggest

I agree with haxan, this matter isn't really important in my view.

He is a bit fussy about giving his number, OK, but this isn't important. Perhaps his family is very protective and that's why he doesn't like be phoned, perhaps he has had some problem with an annoying ex-girlfriend...... There are many possibilities. But as haxan said, just ask him if plans are still for the weekend.

Well make sure what you were told is true in the first place. Maybe your mutual friend doesn't know the details or just doesn't want to give you his number and made an excuse.
    Learn if you can get your ex back, check out my website www.makingupblog.com

What kind of luddite doesn't have a mobile these days?! He has deep psychological issues with phones that no non-professional can heal, don't take it personally.

... Try facebooking him, or skype. ;-)
    "... Tread softly because you tread on my dreams"

So a lot of people do not have mobile phones. It has nothing to do with psychological. I do not have a phone currently. I have a house phone and I am content with that at the moment. Always had home phone. Some folks do not want to be bothered with folks blowing up their cell phone. I had one and never used it only gave it to family and 1 close friend. People will bug the crap out of you with those especially if you are not sure if that person is gonna be in your life for a long period of time. Let him comfy with you first because I have had to get rid of folks and regret giving them number later. That is a personal private reason he has of his own and has nothign to do with professional help. He is probably just guarded and stays to himself and mostly. I was seeing a guy like that and I did not press the issue I figured he would give it out when he was comfortable. I hate phones and folks ringing it al the time. Unless I am madly in love with the person or like them a lot! Give it time and ignore than stupid comment above.

If I understand correct, it wasn't him who didn't give out his number, rather a mutual friend?
    This means nothing in my opinion.
    Using myself as an example, I am very private and I tell all my close friends never to give any info about me, whether it is phone number, full name, where I live, age etc etc.