I am a high school exchange student in Japan for a year. I have already lived in Japan so I have some culture and language background. Anyway, I am going to an artistic high school where I am "majoring" in Japanese Calligraphy. I recently met this beautiful girl I really liked at the Japanese Calligraphy Club. She is almost two years older than I am and she is entering the calligraphy university next April. Since she is in the last year she is always busy with exams but when she has some spare time she always comes after school to the Calligraphy club to practice. In the beginning I saw her and thought she was very beautiful (even though she is always wearing a mask because she doesn't want to get a cold), but last week she approached me and we talked. She asked me a few questions about me and my country. I also told her that I am in love with calligraphy and want to get into a calligraphy university. She taught me many different techniques and with a very gentle and soft voice. Since then I can't stop thinking about her.

I think she is kind of interested in me because yesterday we had a calligraphy exam we had to do in the same room and I saw her looking at me a few times. However, the situation can't be worse. She is almost two years older than me; we only meet at the club; the club also has other people so it makes it very awkward to approach her there; I have my best friends at the club and she has hers so we can't leave school together; I am a 1 year exchange student; I am foreigner... I think I don't stand a chance. That's why I have started trying to forget her, but it is just too difficult. I don't want to get overly obsessed because I will end up suffering. What do you guys think? Is she out of my reach? By the way, I am pretty shy if that can be of help.