+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Intentions?

Intentions?

I was dating a guy. We broke up because I didn't believe he really wanted to be monogamous and was suspicous of his other female "friends" he spent time with without me.. About 4 months after we broke up I emailed him. We continued emailing until I didn't respond to one of his for about 2 weeks then I didn't hear from him again. Two months later I contacted him again. [NOTE: He gets seasonal affected disorder (SAAD) really bad every winter]

Does it sound like he wants to get back together?

(NOTE: I left out some dialogue between us I felt was extraneous.)

Me: I take it something I said in my last email offended you?

Him: I have been missing you like crazy lately.

Me: Hmmm.. that's bizarre. Is your SAAD at red alert or something? I went to Key West beginning of the month... made a HUGE difference.

Him: Key West... nice! I'm thinking about taking a short trip to Florida next month to get some sun.

Me: Sounds nice. So... you didn't answer my questions.

Him: Your first question... no, your last reply didn't piss me off. It just seemed like the same 'ol story. I felt like I sent you and extensively detailed reply to your email, then you took a long time to get back to me, and sent me a vague reply that seemed very distant. I didn't feel like I was talking w/the real you. So I didn't bother replying. I hope that doesn't offend you.

Me: I'm not offended at all.. it's accurate. Initially I wasn't going to respond at all. I wasn't sure how degrading the comparison you were drawing between me and Lisa Simpson was going to be :roll eyes:

Him: For the record, Lisa Simpson is by far the coolest character on the Simpsons! So what is the "SAAD at red alert?" Are you still living with B or did you end up moving? Are you dating anyone these days? Good to connect w/you again.

Me: SAAD... Well I was, to say the least, shocked by your initial response and I could only imagine it's bcuz your SAAD is at it's peak. I've been on a few dates... nothing "steady". How about you? Still thinking of moving out west? How's your knee? Dating?

Him: No, I haven't been dating. I haven't been thinking about moving lately either. I'm not sure what I want to do location-wise at this point. My knee is better, although I injured the other one as well. Well, I'm off to a meeting...

Him: I didn't know what you meant by SAAD at first but I think by now I've figured it out to be that freaky Seasonal (something) Disorder. I'm hanging in there. Creating music, drinking tea and booze have been my helping vices this season

Me: Hi. Sorry it's taken a while to respond. Work has been really busy and I wasn't near a computer all weekend. So.. tell me.. why have you been missing me so much lately? Are you running low on "opportunities" with your other "friends"?

Him: LOL!!! Good one. Not sure I could explain why I've been missing you lately, I just have. More like I've been catching myself daydreaming and reflecting back on fun we've had together. Like you calling me a hipocrit, talking funny, and making me laugh. As far as having a lack for opportunities... um..., no. I've actually had to turn down several opportunities. Dude! I'm HOT!!! HAHAHAHA!!! Hope you had a good weekend. What'd you do? Dog sledding?

Me: Had to turn down several opportunities? Wow.. having trouble with your equipment? Just doesn't sound like you seeing as you seem to prefer to have numerous sex partners and you're not "bogged down" with anyone right now. As far as the fun we had together... yeah.. those were good times.

Him: Hey! Sounds like you're calling me a slut!... Wanna ****? I left out cuddling too, or rather, sleeping close to each other. That's definitely something that I miss.

Me: As far as my weekend and dog sledding... actually.. I was supposed to go skijoring (dog skiing) with a friend or mini car racing at that place near you but I felt like I was coming down with something Fri night so I just hung out at my friends for the weekend.

Him: Did you get your friend sick? Oh, nice friend YOU ARE! Heehehe! j/k. I took a friend of mine to that car place recently. We had the whole track to ourselves, which was cool. Hey, if you ever want a race partner down there, give me a shout. I'd love to go.

This week has been crazy busy. I've had something going on every night. Hockey game tonight... I've started getting really into hockey. I've been LOVING going to the games!!! w00t!

Have a smooooooooth day Lady L.
    Last edited by nebulachich; 19-04-05 at 02:09 AM.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The only problem I see here is that you're the one that keeps reinitiating contact. Leave the poor bastard alone.

I didn't even expect a response and was SHOCKED he responded with "I have been missing you like crazy" and all the other stuff he said.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nebulachich

Me: SAAD... Well I was, to say the least, shocked by your initial response and I could only imagine it's bcuz your SAAD is at it's peak. I've been on a few dates... nothing "steady".
    You're giving him the response he wants, you're putting yourself in this situation. I don't know if you're lookin' to get back with this guy or not, cause if you're not, then I think you just like the attention.

yeah i agree. it sounds like you have some bitterness toward him. he's being pretty nice to you and you're dissing him.

I was TOTALLY hoping to get back with him!!!!

wow you guys type fast...

if you're hoping to get back together with him then tell him you miss him too. tell him you want to be the only one and the thought of him being with other chicks is too much...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nebulachich
    I was TOTALLY hoping to get back with him!!!!
    In that case I think it's pretty mutual and you should pursue at leisure.

Because I couldnt tell if he was just toying with me.. and I still can't! When he responded with the stuff about missing sleeping next to me I was so floored I couldn't figure out what to write back for like 3 days!!!