• Yes

3 75.00%
  • No

1 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is this a good idea?

Is this a good idea?

Well, I have returned from my trip from football camp. It was a good time. Yesterday, I spent the day at a boy scout camp where I worked 2 summers ago as a camp director in one of the subcamps. I worked there for 9 summers before not returning, because I met my wonderful girlfriend and decided I wouldn't have any time for her. Now at this camp, they have an international staff. 2 people are from the Dominican Republic, 1 from Cameroon, 2 from France, and 1 from Japan. Now, one of the staff members from Dominican Republic is staying with me right now, because it is her day off. She is interviewing for an opening at my work for an open position to teach Spanish. Now, I offered for her to stay at my house, and she will get the job, but she has to go through the interview. Is it a good decision to allow her to stay here, or a bad decision on my part. She really doesn't have that much back home, and 30 grand in US dollars would be good for her and her family. What do you guys think?
    RJ

I do not think it should be us you are asking. I believe you should be asking your girlfriend. If you relationship is trust-worthy enough, I don't see why it should be a problem --- and neither should she. You should also ask yourself --- "Do I trust myself in this situation?"

I would imagine that your conjecture will come after you've done those things.
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

My girlfriend is ok with it but do you guys think I am making a good or a bad decision.
    RJ

Who is paying the rent in the house? Who else is living in the house? How long have you known the woman?

The house is mine. I've owned it since May. My girlfriend lives in the house with me. I've known this other girl for 2 years.
    RJ

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    as long as your gf is fine with it, then by all means... let the other girl stay. trust is the basis of everything. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    p.s. i wouldn't mind if we could've added our own options to the poll..hahaha. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...