+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Parents of boyfriend in 20s won't feel comfortable if he stays over, what to do?

Parents of boyfriend in 20s won't feel comfortable if he stays over, what to do?

My boyfriend is in his early 20s and comes from a very religious family. We have sex at most once a week, only ever at my place, and he doesn't stay the night. I'm getting sexually frustrated and I often feel alone at night, I definitely miss waking up next to someone.

We don't know how we can have sex more often as we work long hours and we live over an hour away from each other by transport, and I don't drive. He does drive but not during the week, and it would add way too much travel time in the morning for him to leave his car at my place before he heads to work.

I've seriously considered moving out (I live with my mum, but she's very easy going and is actually quite concerned that he doesn't stay over), just so I can move somewhere closer to the route he takes to get home. He is considering moving out next year, but this would be less straight forward as he plans on taking out a mortgage rather than renting.

How can we get around this and improve our sex life? Has anyone else been in a similar situation before? How was this resolved?

It doesn't sound like he's really that bothered. Does he not enjoy sex or does he think it's 'wrong' given his parents religion? Why can't you get together at weeeknds like many couples and then **** like rabbits then? But if he's not prepared to stay over it doesn't sound positive. Either way you need to talk to him about this - only he can tell you what he's thinking?

Im tired of stupid people like this.

why do you even date someone that doesnt **** around and sleep everywhere as you?

why keep dating people that are way different as you nd then complain.
    doesnt it sound stupid of yourself??

and you want to move out or what ever just for sex,(nasty),
    and soon it will be all over and you will go back hope and blame it on him.

you are stupid. you knew his situation way before i hope, so you had the chance to choose
    not to even date him.

so now you said yes, shut up and take it. and since you both not married you should be happy that there is a,most no sex.

Stupid people like me? Well, you know if I was in Japan there would be a solution - love hotels.

Thanks for your hardly imaginative and highly aggressive contributions, InYourFace. You've found Mr Right, no doubt?
    Fortunately, this is the -only- compromise I'm having to make. And if relationships are about compromise I'm doing pretty OK. If I was a patient person, sexually or otherwise, this wouldn't be an issue at all.

So, to the others that prowl these forums, any creative ideas?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It doesn't look as though you have any real options. His family is religious, so obviously they won't approve of him engaging in non-marital sex, and he lives with them. It seems like you are just going to have to accept this if you want to keep him, at least until he is self-supporting.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Ignore INYOURFACE, her contribution to any thread is purely comical and shouldn't be taken as anything more than that. For you, if you want him to stay over, then move out. That is how I did it and I'm NOT religious. Having your SO sleep at your parents house is just rediculous. How old are you? Does he have a job? Go out and find a place, buy a king bed, and f*ck like there is no tomorrow. Plus a little independance never hurt anyone.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Move out of your parents house...or he should. Your parents are fine with you having a BF sleep over? Mine never were...no matter what age...I also never tried or suggested it b/c it's weird. Not until I bought my own house and had a live in BF was it ok for us to share a bedroom at my parents.