+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Returning to LF and need some advice

Returning to LF and need some advice

Dear all,

I am writing this post in the help someone might be able to help me with some advice.

I'll start by giving some background. I have known this guy since I was 17. It's a funny story really, I was working in my first job for an architects practice and had taken on the task of ordering stationary when I got a call from company. I got chatting to the guy on the phone and as we spoke it turned out he worked with one of my cousins best friends. We agreed to meet for a date in Oxford street in London and we got on really well. This is back in 1997! We dated for a few weeks and I didn't even kiss him back then as he was so nervous. We split and I callously dated one of his best friends - although that didn't work out either ha ha!

We got together again a few years later for about six months. To cut a long story short we are both now 32 and despite him having relationships (failed ones) etc we have always remained close and in contact. We recently got together again and this is where my question arises. Basically we haven't gone the full mile because I always scree it up with my impatience. I've always loved him. We saw each other on Thursday evening and had a great time and I think he wants to see me again. Infect I sent him a text last night saying that if he wanted to see me again to text me today and if I didn't hear from him then I'd know one way or another. He text me about 30 mins ago.

I really don't know how to play it as I don't want to screw it up again by showing my insecurities which is a major turnoff but there must be some reason he can't let me go and visa versa ??

Huge thanks to anyone who replies.

Jakki xx
    Jakki

Hey Jakki,

If I am being brutally honest with you he knows about the insecurities - "Infect I sent him a text last night saying that if he wanted to see me again to text me today and if I didn't hear from him then I'd know one way or another." This speaks volumes so relax and forget about them as although you may not have spoken about them they are out there.

It's easy for me to sit here and say this, but let go of the fear you may have and have fun, laugh and be close with him; if you can't let each other go then maybe it's for a reason...

You both are older now and not the same persons as you were over 10 years ago......stop over analyzing everything. Stop putting so much enphasis on making things work out. The less you think about it the better off you will be.

he is not single thats the point. so you need to back of and live in here and now .get a life

Quote Originally Posted by InYourFACE View Post
    he is not single thats the point. so you need to back of and live in here and now .get a life
    Sigh, yes he is, read it again you illiterate hillbilly.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

If It's Love Issues, Here's what I used

Hey Jakki,

I agree, just enjoy the moments as they happen, but also take some time and try to track the roots of your insecurities. Then, you and him can work together on overcoming those insecurities and that'll create a very special, close bond. I can email you a couple worksheets that have helped me, I can share with you, just email me at mrhenryvargas7@gmail.com and mention the love issues couple profile builder.

As always,

Much love and Success

Here's one of the worksheets, the Love Issues Worksheet:

Personal Love Issues Assessment

The purpose of this assessment is to discover any hidden or ignored issues from past relationships that may affect your future relationship with the person you Love. Again it is vitally important that you be completely transparent with yourself when filling this out because it is the only way that we will be able to provide you with the most impacting transformation into the Complete Lover you want to be and allow you to have that Dream Relationship.

Again, complete honesty and sincerity are critical for this to work.

1) What is the single biggest regret you have about your last relationship? If you don’t regret, then what’s the single biggest frustration you had in your last relationship?

2) What was the single biggest cause for your past relationships arguments/disagreements/fights?

3) What was the most irritating/bothersome thing your last partner did that bothered you?

4) What’s the single greatest memory you have of your last/past relationships?

5) What’s the most significant (good and bad) memory you have of your last/past relationships?

6) What caused your last relationship to end?

7) What caused your previous 3 relationships to end?

8) Do you feel or know that you have some unresolved issues dealing with a past relationship?

9) Do you feel that you need or have to be in a relationship for your life to have meaning?

10) What do you consider to be your worst character trait and why?

11) What fears do you have about entering into a meaningful relationship?

12) Describe in detail what you feel might be some stumbling blocks in your future relationship.

For more help or direction with this worksheet, simply send an email to mrhenryvargas7@gmail.com with True Love Profile builder worksheet 1 in the subject line and I’ll be sure to get back to you. As always, Much Love and Success.
    Much Love and Success,

MrHV
    www.Facebook.com/TrueLoveRevolutionist
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MrHV, eat a dick.

He definitely isn't single, this kinda reminds me of a relationship I had, I know Uve stated that it didn't work because u screwed it up with impatience but do u not ask yourself that maybe he has the issues not u???

I've read through some of your history and you seem like a very clever lady! Is this what you really want after nemourous failed attempts? Please let me know how it goes as I have been through something very similar to this and would love to hear of it becoming a success,

Best of luck

Old thread Missrocksworth. The last post was in October of last year.