+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Was this guy hitting on me?

Was this guy hitting on me?

I honestly can't tell. I'm really not experienced with this stuff. I'm shy, so I kinda try to avoid situations like this. Actually, I'm okay with talking to other girls, but I get really uncomfortable with guys. I would like to get over this shy part of me, though. Anyway, here's the situation I'm asking about:

I was at Best Buy, and my sister and I were checking out one of the tablets and playing the logo game on it. When my sister left me alone to look at another tablet, one of the employees came over and asked how I was liking it. I said it was cool, and then he asked what level I was on. He looked over my shoulder and said not bad. Then he started playing the game with me. We played together for a bit, and almost every time I'd get one right he would say something like "nice/not bad/etc". Eventually, he had to go help a customer. Then he came back and asked if I unlocked any other levels. I said yeah level 5, and he said cool. Another employee (a girl) came over and I think she kinda pushed him off in another direction. I don't know if he was being nice or what. He wasn't trying to sell it to me; in fact, he didn't tell me anything about it or asked if I needed help. So I guess he was just hanging out with me? I don't know. When some of his guy friends came over, I got REALLY uncomfortable. They didn't say anything, though, they just kinda bumped him and stuff. I hardly looked at him, and mostly focused on the screen so I can't tell you if he smiled a lot or what. There were definitely quite a few other customers around. I'm just confused because these things don't usually happen to me, but then again I don't go out too much.

Thanks for your time

He wasn't hitting on you he was just checking you out.

Hitting on you is "Hey there how's it going?" "So you have a BF?" "You are pretty cute, you want to hang out sometime?" "What's your number?"

Oh okay thanks for clarifying. And when you say "checking you out", do you mean he's just kinda testing to see if I'm interested or not? Would his actions be considered flirting? I'm sorry, I'm terrible at this stuff. As much as I wanted to be cool and chat with him, I couldn't. I just get so uncomfortable, and I start panicking. Especially when his friends would come over. They wouldn't say anything, but they were communicating in some way. I couldn't look at them, and had to keep my hands from shaking.

Ya I would say it's like flirting....getting a feel for you, trying to get your attention.

Maybe you should check with a doctor and try some therapy to over come your anxiety. If you don't deal with it now, it's only going to get worse as you get older.....it will ruin your life.

Thank you. I have thought about checking with a doctor...or someone. Sometimes I feel like I can overcome it myself, but in cases like this, when I'm caught off-guard, anxiety just takes over. I really want to try to get over it myself, but if I see it gets worse I'll check with a doctor. Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by snowfire View Post
    Thank you. I have thought about checking with a doctor...or someone. Sometimes I feel like I can overcome it myself, but in cases like this, when I'm caught off-guard, anxiety just takes over. I really want to try to get over it myself, but if I see it gets worse I'll check with a doctor. Thanks again
    Ehhh... you just sound young to me. A little experience will go a long way.

Yeah, I used to get all anxious too...really bad...fumble my words and everything. Say dumb shit...but I grew out of it. You will too. Try making some male friends.

Well he wasn't really hitting on you since he didn't ask anything really personal about you...
    Just chill when guys come up to you and everything will go ok