+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Mary Image Drawing Crowds

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

News Stories

They say that seeing is believing. But sometimes it's a question of what you're willing to believe.

As Vince Gerasole WBBM-TV reports on The Early Show, in a week centering on the spiritual, when millions from around the world flocked to Rome as the new pope was picked, hundreds in Chicago have been taking part in their own pilgrimage, a procession to the site of what they call a miracle.

"I think, with everything happening in the world, maybe it's a sign that everybody should just start praying," says Patricia Villadonga.

What is "it?"

Beneath the busy Kennedy Expressway, the faithful keep coming, day and night, just to be near what they believe is a viaduct vision of the Virgin Mary.

"I don't know how to explain it. but it's something beautiful. It really is," says Olga Davila.

They see the image holding a rosary, hands clasped in prayer.

A commuter on her way home from work first spotted the freeway fresco over the weekend.

Inspectors said it was probably just a stain from last winter's snow and road salt.

But as word got out, so many came that traffic was blocked. Barricades and understanding officers, though, turned the street into a shrine of sorts. That left plenty of time and space for reflection.

Not everyone is moved by the image that's come to be called "Our Lady of the Underpass."

One girl remarked, "They say there's a girl holding a rosary, but I can't see no one."

Yet others leave convinced of divine intervention, even if it's under the interstate.

Highway workers were all set to wash away the image, but since so many have come to see it, it's unlikely the anything will happen to the image anytime soon.
    HAHAHAHA! What a bunch of gullible losers!
    Last edited by Junket; 23-04-05 at 03:31 AM.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    if you look closely at my underpant, you will see a stain in the forum of satin too. hey, we all are bad at times.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Smoking Monkey

Chimp Can't Kick Cigs
    # Charlie The Chimp At South African Zoo Addicted

Apr 22, 2005 12:46 am US/Eastern
    (CBS) It might be an obvious saying, but this is the perfect example of "monkey see, monkey do." When a chimpanzee started behaving in a uniquely human way, zookeepers knew they had a problem on their hands.

Charley, the smoking chimp picked smoking cigarettes after he picked up a pack of cigarettes thrown to him by the allegedly smarter humans who come to see him at a South African zoo.

"Charley's picked up the habit from watching people. He learns from mimicry," Daryl Barnes of the Bloemfontein Zoo told CBS News Correspondent Richard Schlesinger.

Adults should know better than to encourage smoking — children certainly do.

"Do you think it's a good thing that people give the monkey cigarettes?" Schlesinger asked one little girl.

"No," she replied.

"What will happen?

"They will get sick."

Everybody gets a laugh watching Charley smoke, like a hairy scary star of an old tough guy film. But the people who care for him and care about him are not amused. Zookeepers have asked people to stop offering Charley cigarettes.

"He's getting older," said zookeeper Barnes. "And as he gets older, if he smokes, it'll damage his lungs."

But Charley is addicted to cigarettes.

And, according to the zoo, "he acts like a naughty schoolboy" and hides his cigarettes when his handlers happen by. So now the zoo has to help a monkey go cold turkey — resist the temptations of humans — and get him to understand that "monkey see, monkey do" isn't as good a philosophy as "do what I say, not what I do."
    What else is there to say?

Here's the link: [URL]http://kyw.com/water/watercooler_story_112004728.html[/URL]

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee
    HAHAHAHA! What a bunch of gullible losers!
    If you look closely at the skys on the 26th of may, you will see a large cloud in the shape of my penis. It's a mircacle!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by OpticalIllusion
    If you look closely at the skys on the 26th of may, you will see a large cloud in the shape of my penis. It's a mircacle!
    Wow, really?

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    isn't that the day that everyone is supposed to stay in doors?? on the 26th?? i woulnd't wanna get rained on by a cloud that looked like a penis.

raverboy

penises in the sky this should be berry interesting! lol
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

Quote Originally Posted by blue
    penises in the sky this should be berry interesting! lol
    That's not even the most interesting part. It is actually a sign from God to Christians everywhere. Just like the Mary image!

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    he's gonna shower them with his love.

raverboy

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    It takes a minute to have a crush on someone, an hour to like someone, a day to love someone - but it takes a lifetime to forget someone"

People change and forget to tell each other.

ROFL!!! I think I'm going to stay inside. lol!

Evil School!!
    May not be on LF as much, due to unforeseen circumstances.
    Blame College and Homework for Everything!!
    -Fawn