+ Follow This Topic

Thread: True stories of how you met

True stories of how you met

I was wondering if you could share stories on how you met your partner. I've been looking through the Internet on advice how to confront this girl but all advice I've seen is just like: "Be yourself and strike a up a conversation, like how she did on an exam or something like that." I know I should be myself, I wouldn't have it any other way but I'm completely terrified of just walking up to her after/before class and saying hi. What if she just thinks I'm weird for doing that since I don't think she even knows that I exist and I can't really sit next to her since my friends attend the same class and I sit with them.

So I was just wondering if you could share stories of how you met your partner. Who confronted? Where? What did you/your partner do or say? Was it awkward or perfect? How long did it take for you to get together? etc.

Even if it's irrelevant to my situation. I'm interested in hearing every story.

I saw this absolutely gorgeous woman walking down the steps from behind the booth that I worked at the Renaissance Faire, and I walked up and introduced myself.

God...I am realizing that I have "picked up" all my partners....I am female.

The last 3...I started flirting with one on FB. We used to be friends in college...6 years had passed. I just sent him an email and then we started hanging out shortly after. He lived 2,000k miles away but he surprised me by flying to my city one weekend. It lasted about 3 months until I met someone else I liked more.

The next guy I was a bit direct. He worked at a bar that I would go to all the time with my friends. I got his phone number from a friend and sent him an anonymous picture text of myself. I still can't believe I did that...he always said "Well, it worked". He asked me out after I made it clear I was interested with the text. We went on our first date about a week later...

My current BF was my roommate for a while. I met him when I was on my first date with guy #2 actually. It was innocent at first...he needed a place to live and I needed a roommate. We spent every day together for 3 months getting to know one another and then one night he kissed me. It's been 2.5 years now and now we have a daughter

All you have to do is open the door...then everything else will fall into place if it's meant to happen. You are a guy though so you might have to do a little more work then us females. It's natural to be nervous, but you have to just talk to her anyway. She will not think you are weird...just strike up a conversation about the class....or ask her to study sometime. It ALWAYS makes people feel good to make a new friend or have someone talk to them. Don't make it a big deal and don't stare at her in class after. Just talk to her...even tell her you like her shoes or something dumb.
    Last edited by Maple1714; 17-10-12 at 02:47 AM.

I saw this absolutely gorgeous woman walking down the steps from behind the booth that I worked at the Renaissance Faire, and I walked up and introduced myself.
    You make it sound so easy xD

Wish I had that kind of confidence.

Quote Originally Posted by summersnow View Post

You do have it! You just have to use it...and the more you initiate conversation with strangers the easier it will get I promise. You have to let go of any worries you have...who cares if she did think you are weird anyway? But, she wont. You are in school...this is the easiest time in your life for you to meet new people. Just go for it, because if you don't someone else will and you'll be kicking yourself when you see her walking off with some other dude to go study.

All you have to do is open the door...then everything else will fall into place if it's meant to happen.
    You do have it! You just have to use it...
    Yeah, I guess I better just give it a try and see what happens. Wish me luck!
    Last edited by summersnow; 17-10-12 at 03:01 AM.

Yeah, I guess I better just give it a try and see what happens. Wish me luck!
    Yay! Good luck! Let us know what happens Remember, it makes anyone smile to know they have an admirer. Once, a guy I had a class with in college came up to me at a music show and handed me a poem he had written on a napkin. He was starting at me from across the bar and then brought me some weird poem...yes, it was weird. He was weird...but it still made me smile at the end of the day...and I realized I kinda like weird guys haha.

If she thinks you are weird for just saying "hi" that's how you know she's an ass, and she doesn't deserve you. Lots of high school girls are like that.
    I have a long time interest in psychology, specializing in relationship dynamics for 30 years.
    (Please note, we give the best advice we can based on the information given in a post. For better advice, please include the age of all romantic partners.)

It was easy. Keep in mind a couple of things:

1. You can't win if you don't play the game.
    2. The worst thing she can say is "No". If she does, you move on.