+ Follow This Topic
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Show age on posts

Remember people this an option, meaning you can choose to show it or you can choose not to.

I wish you all would stop looking at only the negative aspects of this.

[URL=http://www.loveforum.net/]http://www.loveforum.net/[/URL]

At the top of the main page it says #1 internet love forum, now I'm not trying to downgrade anything but cmon, some work could be done to earn that title.

LA, Please, I ask you to reconsider this. Maybe transfering that birthdate thing to the post just above where their location is.

Which brings up, if this isn't even considerd then why is location considerd? Or why is post count considerd?

Ok, I'm done being a politician.......for now
    Impossible is a word only to be found in the dictionary of fools.

Napoleon I

I don't agree, I think the forum has done enough to earn it's respective title. When you search love forums in a search engine, how many loveforums do you find? Not many.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    umm...i just did a quick search on google and i typed in "love forum". basically this site showed up number one because the two words love forum are quite common. if you typed maybe love and advice, you'd probably get a different site as number one.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

indigosoul Guest

How about a nice, democratic vote?

Personally, I don't think it matters if one's age shows in the post so long as there is an option to NOT post your age/BD. I agree that it may create unncessary bias. But, why not vote on it?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional
    umm...i just did a quick search on google and i typed in "love forum". basically this site showed up number one because the two words love forum are quite common. if you typed maybe love and advice, you'd probably get a different site as number one.

raverboy
    Exactly...

Now I don't look down apon anything unless I can offer some assistance. So you can get irrational or whatever I won't care.

I would really like to believe this is the #1 love forum, but I don't have one reason to believe it is. Sure it's optimistic to believe so, but lets be logicial.

I type in love forum on google and well this one is at the top of the list because it's the closest match to the key words "love forum"

This forum lacks sophistication big time! When you get a lot of people here that type totally off topic BS just to increase their post count it's unfair to the person that created the thread, totally high jacks it, that my friends is far from #1. For example, a new comer comes along, introduces themself and a poster slips by and types *jerks off* and other posters laugh at this and say nothing about how degrading it just was, so it is allowed to be continued?!?!? Not to mention the dating topic, those threads become hijacked allllll the time. Why? Because their is no sophositication to this forum.

Kiechi, tell me, why do you think this forum has done enough to earn the title? Has it done its duty and just sits here an looks pretty? I don't know about you but nothing is perfect so there is always room for improvement.

I have quite a few more suggestions but I'll be damned if I offer them to an unwilling to listen croud.

Napoleon I

Quote Originally Posted by indigosoul
    But, why not vote on it?
    Well voting involves politics, and can't win them without running a campaign first

Napoleon I

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    lighton.. trust me, it will take a lot more than that to offend me.

i understand your views and i can see why you are that way. yes i'm not the perfect person and i'm not here to give advice. i did that in my previous years and i got tired of saying the same things over and over again. however, there are many other members who give advice to those who are in need of it.

as far as sophisitcation... take into consideration that nearly everyone on this site is under the age of hrmm... let's say 25. you're expecting everyone to be mature on the forums when they are required to be mature in society daily. the internet is a place where i don't really care about anything. i kiss too much ass at work to be mature online. hahaha..

raverboy

I'll say this much, this forum has grown above all odds in the past couple of years. In all the time I have watched this forum grow...despite the goofing off, and the fun fun stuff...most peoples questons get answered, and with many different opinions related to that topic.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

Illusional,

I appologize about my quotationism.....lol all that was directed towards you was the "Exactly..." part. I felt you were aggreeing more than disagreeing. In all honesty, you deserve credit for sticking around this place more than any one through all the nonsence. You're not self centerd like most posters who critisize without consrucitveness that's more worried about sharing their opion on the sitution than they are helping that particular person in that particular situation.

Saying the same thing over and over is old, it's why i dissapeared last year...but with a little bit of structure this can be minimized. Rules and guidlines, ....It's gotta start somewhere, warnings and/or voted upon punishment for ridicule/steretyping. Constant Negativity from posters that argue with antying they feel their inexpericance can't comprehend.

Innova,

Yes it's true most seekers get the advice or opinions they asked for...but with the BS hijacking their topic they will probably feel uncomfortable to continue posting about their potential progress, because of ridicule. This place was actually better a year ago when mvplaya and icequeeen was here, half the people here now giving advice have little to no experiance in the dating world.

Basically I just don't want my efforts into helping people to be wasted, I utilize anything and everyting i can. I feel passionate about this suggestion and it's said that this is not a matchmakling site but I see more flirting between posters than I do anything constuctive to people who need love advice. Not that flirting is wrong but lets not rule anything out here.

Napoleon I

I notice we can show age on our profile . lol. I just never turn it on.
    "Invest wisely and have money work hard for you"

If you want, go ahead. But the moment I see a crap load of any sort of unprofessional stereotyping going on, I will ask for it to be removed. Since only you can do that LA.

My New Car!! [URL=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2058343]Cardomain![/URL]

"Be Mindful of The Future, But Not At The Expense of The Moment"

"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser"

LightOn,

I see what you're saying and I kind of agree...but I kind of don't.

What you're proposing is changing this forum entirely..pretty much, to maket it into something that maybe you and I and a few others would appreciate. Yet that would mean changing the forum almost entirely as to what it is today.

As a "mature adult"..whatever that means..I, too, sometimes feel like there's a lot of unnecessary BS and childsplay going on that I don't really care for. If there was stricter moderation of these undesireable elements, I'd think the quality of the entire forum would go up..as far as my own preferences are concerned. However, how many times do we post an off-topic quircky/funny comment? It's not fair for us to do it when we feel like it and censor someone else's because we didn't want it polluting a topic we were interested in.

And that's what it boils down to, as far as I see the major change in this site in this respect: Censorship. A lot of people really enojoy this place because the censorship is minimal...and THIS I really agree with. I'm one to say, "hell, it sucks that I have to dig through a bunch of BS to get to the quality postings I liket to see, but I'd rather have the option to ignore it and have more variety and people, than have fewer 'desireables' aboard giving their few responses".

Having said that..I still wouldn't mind seeing the age. I don't tend to do much in terms of "dating and relationship advice", but some common sense I can relay to younger members..where you can just see their mistakes coming because you have that experience..whereas you see someone older and you know that some info may be redundant and generally not useful to them.

I agree with the suggestion to include age under post count and location on your messages. Yes it could lead to stereotyping or discrimination but I think that would be a minority. There's a disadvantage to every advantage, I dont think it would cause a problem. It just gives you an extra piece of information about other posters. I mean, the advice you give a 14 year old about his/her relationship is going to be very different to what you tell a 24 yo and it's too much hassle to look in the profiles for a date of birth. Besides nobody HAS to post their age. But it would be nice to be given the option. If it doesnt work or causes too much trouble, you just get rid of it again. What is there to lose?
    "When I was 4 years old, they tried to test my IQ.
    They showed me this picture of 3 oranges and a
    pear. They asked me which one was different and
    did not belong. They taught me different was
    wrong."
    - Ani DiFranco -

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by nomas
    As a "mature adult"..whatever that means..I, too, sometimes feel like there's a lot of unnecessary BS and childsplay going on that I don't really care for. If there was stricter moderation of these undesireable elements, I'd think the quality of the entire forum would go up..as far as my own preferences are concerned. However, how many times do we post an off-topic quircky/funny comment? It's not fair for us to do it when we feel like it and censor someone else's because we didn't want it polluting a topic we were interested in.

mature adult huh??

well all the childplay does come from all the children of the forum, and the drunk asses like myself. as far as moderation, do you feel that i should be stricter?? i personally don't think so, but everyone has their own opinion.

raverboy

I think showing ages is a good thing, I think it'd be helpful in giving advice.. Showing genders would be useful too, I'm sure you guys won't be able to tell from my name wether I'm male or female (yeah, I'm too stupid to attach an avatar :S)... but yeah, that's another thing

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast