+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Breaking up on FB.

Breaking up on FB.

Dear forum.

I've been together with my ex-girlfriend for almost 2 years. I live in Denmark her in Ankara in Turkey. On Monday I am moving to Ankara, and will start to study there next year.

I quit my job and apartment in Denmark, but now 4 days before my arrival my girlfriend sent me a message on FB that she is breaking up with me she will not see me when I arrive.

Just days before, and the months leading up to my move, she told me she is waiting me impatiently.

I have not done anything or written or said anything to her except that I can't wait to see her. Her abrupt break up is like a chock. She says it is because she does not wish for me to abandon Denmark for Turkey. But I said it is my own dicission, and that she is not guilty in anything, I am making my own choice.

What do the forum think of a break up like this, 4 days before me becoming a stranger on a new continent? I already planned and will move to Ankara as planned.

She has really made me happy with her telling me of all the amazing places we should go an have fun, how she waited for me impatiently, and how happy she was to host me before I found an apartment.

Can anybody suggest what can have happened, and why someone would change their mind suddenly like this? I have not written or said anything negative to her, only positive, but then suddenly she breaks up, and then like this. I feel very sad, also because I now how to go trough a hurtful time with a bleeding heart in a city where I know no one except my ex-girlfriend who refuses to see me. I guess I will become very loonely and sad.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by ILWA; 18-10-12 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ILWA View Post
    Any suggestions?
    Yeah, next time find a girl a lot closer to where you live. Perhaps even in the same country? - wierd idea I know.

Have you ever met her in person?

This is a true c*nt thing to do, you've already quit your job and prepared to move and she does this. As a fellow Dane I know you're leaving a beautiful country for a country that you may struggle to appreciate as much as you do Denmark. If you could bail on the move, please do. If you're committed to it, give it a shot, but do not contact her again.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Have you even met this girl or was this another one of these ridiculously, ridiculous online pretend "love" affairs? It almost sounds like she was going along with the fantasy and then when its about to become reality ~ she's doing the back step to avoid it ever becoming real.

We have met many many times, and we lived together last summer when I rented an apartment in Istanbul, where she and I lived together. We've also been on holiday together in Italy, and has been in Denmark where I met her.

Today I liked something on Facebook, and she sent me private message with smiley and asked if I also liked that like she also like it.

Isn't that kind of behaviour strange? Yesterday breaking my heart, and today write me like we are friends.

I have no idea, cause she still writes me, but underlines that she will not give me her address in Ankara so I can visit her.

So I will arrive Monday, and find the situation very stressful and irritating.

We spent so many good times, she have asked me to marry her and said she loves me. And now she broke up on Facebook 4 days before my arrival. And won't even meet me, but still sending me messages like nothing has happened.
    Last edited by ILWA; 19-10-12 at 03:52 AM.

Block her on FB. Move on.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    Block her on FB. Move on.
    Well I can tell you don't love anybody, and never been in love or know what it is. Obviously I will not block her, I am sure god has it planned for her and I to be together. I am reverting to Islam so that we can marry each other. I still believe we will meet again.

Her acting right now is just very immature I think. When she can see I am settled in Ankara, she will believe in me, that I am there to stay and happy to live in Turkey. Then she will feel confident in me again, and not fear I will leave her. I think her attitude is based on her being afraid of me leaving her.

This is something I will never do, and why Ankara is still the place for me to live.

You're a delusional, ****ing idiot.

I have been in love before, and currently am now. However, if I was ever going to be stupid enough to put myself in your situation, I would still be smart enough to realize that this isn't going to work out, once she decided to completely break things off a couple days before moving. I can't wait until you move to Turkey, then come back to this site once you find out she's ****ing another guy. Loser.

Well I can tell you don't love anybody, and never been in love or know what it is. Obviously I will not block her, I am sure god has it planned for her and I to be together. I am reverting to Islam so that we can marry each other. I still believe we will meet again.

Her acting right now is just very immature I think. When she can see I am settled in Ankara, she will believe in me, that I am there to stay and happy to live in Turkey. Then she will feel confident in me again, and not fear I will leave her. I think her attitude is based on her being afraid of me leaving her.

This is something I will never do, and why Ankara is still the place for me to live.
    People who have experienced love and lost it do know it is hard to do the right thing. The right thing here is to NOT go to Turkey and to re-settle yourself in Denmark. Do not base your life on hopes based on Gods and chance. You need to make decisions based on finances and decision making. Her decision was to dump you, so your decision now is either to go to Turkey, or stay home.

Personally, it is a no-brainer to me. If you need any more details, please refer to my quote from Calvin, this applies to you.
    "All is fair in love and war." - Francis Edward Smedley

Cerby, let this dumbass go. I want my prophesy to come to fruition. Then I shall be known as the Oracle.
    Last edited by BackUpOrGetStng; 19-10-12 at 06:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BackUpOrGetStng View Post
    You're a delusional, ****ing idiot.

I have been in love before, and currently am now. However, if I was ever going to be stupid enough to put myself in your situation, I would still be smart enough to realize that this isn't going to work out, once she decided to completely break things off a couple days before moving. I can't wait until you move to Turkey, then come back to this site once you find out she's ****ing another guy. Loser.
    She is a virgin, so she is not doing any of the things you suggest she would be doing with any other guy.

This is just getting better and better. I'm willing to bet that she is doing something with another guy. It doesn't really matter either way though. She doesn't want to be with you. Why does it have to be some grand plan instead of you just assuming she's an honest person and take her at her word?

Well, I've certainly been in love and I'd not want to be in this "love" of yours where you lose all common sense, your own identity, your own homeland, your previous religion or lack thereof and your own best interests to some flake who doesn't want you. Ridiculous!

WAKE UP and look at this realistically. Why the hell would you want to go to turkey under these circumstances on a hope and a (islamic) prayer? I'm sure Ala (peace be with him) O.o wouldn't want you to be such a freaking ****tard.

I am sure god has it planned for her and I to be together.
    Well then why are you wasting your time asking us for advice. Your 'god' has it all worked out. I wonder if her 'god' has told her to treat you like shit.

You really are a moron.

@ILWA I think it would be better if you stick on your decision and not ask anybody else if you have no plan to follow any of it. This will be a wasting of time to others whose willing to help you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast