+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Am I that abnormal?

Am I that abnormal?

I'm new here. I'm a 22 year old female living in CA. I have only had one short relationship and I'm a virgin. When I tell people that they seem to think that there is something wrong with me. When they learn that I dated my ex for 6 months they think it was cruel not to sleep with him. I'm decent looking but have chosen not to be in a relationship for around 4 years now. Now I think I would like to try dating again but am finding that guys kind of freak out when they hear that I'm a virgin. Am I really that strange? That being said, I honestly wouldn't mind sleeping with the right guy but I think that these things should take time you know? Anyways, can you guys tell me where to begin? How long is considered normal before sleeping with a BF?
    Thanks

Sounds like you have some issues here. Why did you decide not to be in a relationship for 4 years? And why did you not have sex with your ex as 6 months together is a decent amount of time. If I was young again I"d think a 22 year old woman who was still a virgin was a bit wierd tobe honest. How long to wait for sex? Opinions differ. Some wackos say wait till marriage. Me, normally I'm getting down and dirty by the 3rd date.

You could be asexual or demisexual. No big deal. Yes, it may be statistically uncommon, but don't be pressured into doing anything you are not ready for.

You are very normal/ and its good how you think.

People now a days think they have to sleep around as soon as possible.
    and that is why there are so many single mothers and broken hearts.

Cause girls do stuff without taking time to know what a guy is about. so guys that just wants to sleep with them
    comes around do their thing and leave.

And i want to advice you not to go around telling people you are virgin (if you really are).
    Cause you only put yourself in a very dangerous position and hard to date nice guys.
    cause every guy wants to fock a virgin so by telling them that they will be for you for 10000 years of its needed just to take your virginity.
    And they will be only interested in that.

So no one have to know that you are virgin , only your husband! or when you are in bed, about to give it away.
    so the person can know they need to be gentle with you.

And i like your mentality. Keep it that way and dont give your virginity away like noting. cause
    once you loosed you cant get it back and feel and be the same again!

Ps: if there was no sex, did you let him kiss and touch you intimately?

I don't think any of those are issues whatsoever. Since there are other priorities and important things in life, it may be for good reasons or those sufficient to the OP to have abstained from relationships for that time.

I don't think the no-sex thing is bad at all, provided that the guy in that relationship knew what to expect or not.

No, you're not abnormal, and don't listen to people who tell you that you are. There's a lot of pressure on everyone to have sex at quite a young age, or early on in a relationship. But you have to do what feels right for you. If you're with the right guy he'll respect your wishes and understand. I'm a firm believer in honesty in a relationship - when it comes up about taking the next step, tat's the point to tell the guy, so he knows why. Personally, the quickest I've ever started "fooling around" with a guy is after about a month, and even then, I don't go all tIhe way. I prefer to build up to it, and have made it clear to the guy that he'll have to wait a bit longer to go all the way. The build up and anticipation makes works for me, and the guy I'm with at the moment has the same ideas. Just don't stress about it.