+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Any advice?

Any advice?

Hi,

So me and my girlfriend were together for 5 years. About a month ago now we broke up - her idea. She says she needs space and time to sort some of her own problems out. (I think the responsibility of a relationship is a lot for her at the minute). Obviously I'm heartbroken and totally gutted but I understand where she's coming from. I'm there for her for everything and she knows it, and she's also there for me in the same way.
    We haven't lost touch and still speak to each other like we always have (less the "I love you"s - although I know we both still do). The past week we've spent a lot of time with each other and we've stayed over (4 times in the last week), sleeping in the same bed naked and cuddling as we always have. We've also slept together a few times. We link arms in public but don't kiss.
    Sometimes she leans in to give me a kiss but at the last minute pulls away because it's "wrong", "we're not together" and "friends don't do that".
    I kind of feel like she's seeing me so much to fill the hole that has been left in our lives since we broke up. I don't want to loose her, and I want to be there for her. She's obviously not in a mental state to be in a relationship right now, but it's sending me crazy us almost acting like we're together but at the same not. I'm happy to wait for her and carry on like this if we would get back together at some point and I knew that there won't be anyone else.
    She knows where I stand, and I think if I said to her "I can't just be friends with you" then it would be goodbye. That I really don't want.

Sorry for the essay, any help or advice??

Thanks in advance

X

Sounds like she doesn't know what she wants. I'd stay well clear until she decides what she does want, otherwise it's going to do your head in. When I finish a relationship I do not share a bed with them or kiss them. Your 'relationship' is just plain wierd.

how old are you guys 14 and 15 ? dammmm childish

Listen, I know how you feel. My ex broke up with me almost two months ago. Just a week ago we started to see eachother again and of course sex happened. I'm a week in and I know I have to stop it. My ex is my ex for a reason, just like your ex is. I know it's hard, trust me it takes guts to say no we can't see eachother anymore. But you have to do it. You can not get over someone by still being in the same relationship just without the official title. I'm not going to lie to you; it's going to
    hurt like a mother****er, you're gonna feel so many raw emotions and you're gonna feel lonely but it WILL get better. I promise you that. One day you're just gonna be tired of only moping so you'll start to live your life again little by little. Be patient with yourself! Don't expect too much of yourself too soon. Nobody is perfect at getting over someone they love. It takes time and a lot of understanding. Best wishes.

Listen, I know how you feel. My ex broke up with me almost two months ago. Just a week ago we started to see eachother again and of course sex happened. I'm a week in and I know I have to stop it. My ex is my ex for a reason, just like your ex is. I know it's hard, trust me it takes guts to say no we can't see eachother anymore. But you have to do it. You can not get over someone by still being in the same relationship just without the official title. I'm not going to lie to you; it's going to
    hurt like a mother****er, you're gonna feel so many raw emotions and you're gonna feel lonely but it WILL get better. I promise you that. One day you're just gonna be tired of only moping so you'll start to live your life again little by little. Be patient with yourself! Don't expect too much of yourself too soon. Nobody is perfect at getting over someone they love. It takes time and a lot of understanding. Best wishes.