+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Contraception

Contraception

Am I the only one surprised by the amount of dim ****wits here who seem to end up pregnant by accident? It's almost as though in 'developed' countries that contraception were incredibly hard to get hold of. I just loved the story about the idiot on this forum who gets up the duff 3 months after meeting some guy.

Not so much "surprised" .. more like disturbed. Are parents not talking anymore about love, birth control, the morning after pill, safe sex with their kids? Children having children is an epidemic (it is in this particular forum anyway) so it seems.

Yeah i agree.

Like i already said in another topic,

you cant stand in the rain and be surprised you got sick and said i only wanted to get wet.
    or jump off the table and said i did not want to break a leg , i only wanted to land on the floor.\\
    And last but not least: have sex and be surprised you are pregnant or say i did not want to get pregnant.

Like you know that the only way you can get pregnant is sex. So you know that the chance is there.
    If you dont want to dont sex period!
    Stop acting like it was all out of your "power" to not get pregnant.

And we as woman know we are the ones that gets pregnant.
    So start taking the lead on your body.! You need to make the guy use protection , or you just dont sleep with him.
    You have to take your pills.
    If the guy wants kids and you dont feel ready to do so, or dont think its a right situation or guy to have kids with
    dont open your legs and especially without a lot of protections.

People stop this cheap acting shit . I f you get pregnant its cause you wanted to!
    Cause its cause of your own action it happened.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boisdevie View Post
    Am I the only one surprised by the amount of dim ****wits here who seem to end up pregnant by accident? It's almost as though in 'developed' countries that contraception were incredibly hard to get hold of. I just loved the story about the idiot on this forum who gets up the duff 3 months after meeting some guy.
    I can't believe the number of young guys who are too irresponsible to protect themselves.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think today the kids are getting much more sexual education than they have before. Sex education is mandatory in schools now so every kid should know exactly what safe sex is (unlike back in the olden days where sex talk was taboo). Kids know how to use a condom, sex leads to conception, std's etc. the difference between now and then is that kids don't view sex as so taboo. Due to the feminist movement, girls cAn have just as many sex partners as men can and not feel like a slut. Sex in general is not viewed as "sacred" anymore, kids are less conservative due to MTV, movies etc. Ppl have sex with strangers they met out in a club, friends with benefits, one night stands are very common practice these days, and with the new generation if u haven't had a least one one night stand, it's considered weird or like u r missing out on something.

Getting sex education in school and getting it from your own parents are two completely different things. The problem IMO is that parents are'nt taking on their responsibility of protecting their children's emotional and sexual health. You can't expect a freaking gym teacher to speak intimately with his class. Parents aren't doing their jobs.

The "feminist movement" had NOTHING to do with what is happening now. We took the pill... there were no STD that couldn't be cured or that killed you up until the freaking 80's when the "Me" generation began.

One night stands have been in existence since the beginning of time. So have unwed pregnancies but certainly not in the epidemic proportions (particularily it seems (in the forum) from young women in the states) if one goes by what we read here.

Dysfunctional households filled with young men who haven't had the proper "talk" with (absent?) fathers about wrapping it. Young girls thinking that sex is love and putting up with ill treatment until they get knocked up and left haven't the bond or trust with their mother so that they can go to her about anything.

I'm not sure if it was just hidden better in the olden days or there is a real problem with self-esteem and family values now. It's Sad.

*steps down off soap box*

^ I grew up with parents that didn't talk about sex at home. I learnt about sex from school. I remember in elementary school the teachers gave us all condoms, told us about the birds and the bees and even in elementary schools washrooms were tampon dispensary and next to it was a condom dispensary for 25 cents. Yes a school for kids kindergarten to grade 7 had condom machines in each washroom. I learned the most bout sex (like most kids do) from other peers, things u hear at school and in movies. With my very strict upbringing from my father growing up, I think that definitely played a huge role in keeping me grounded. Instead of going to all the parties, getting drunk and having orgies like many teens do...I knew my dad would find these parties (whether he would be driving all night to find it) and cause a huge scene. I don't think it really matters whether u talk about sex or not with your children. I think the insecure girls are the most vulnerable in being teen single moms that wind up pregnant. Girls that probably had no real father figure in their lives, girls with image issues that are desperate for love from a man, girls who don't think they are worthy of anything better in life than having a baby with the first boy that shows them affection. I also know that the mentality of getting pregnant "isn't such a big deal" as it used to be if u live in a place with access to abortion. In Canada abortion is free covered by the government. I have heard young girls saying " oh well I will just go have an abortion". The morning after pill is found in every grocery store that is accessible for anyone to buy...I know young girls who have used the morning after pill more times than they can keep track on. I don't think girls are keeping their babies more now than they used to, in fact it's the opposite with the decline of religious beliefs among young ppl and the access to pro choice methods that gives kids the feeling that you can fu(k without consequences. The insecure girls are most likely the ones to carry out and have babies in hopes to keep a man.

I myself do believe that a person shouldn't get married, lose their virginity and live their entire lives with one man. Blah...would suck not knowing about sexual compatibility which u can only know about through experience with different partners. Sex should be explored when u r mature enough to practice safe sex. This means birth control pills and a condom, getting regularly tested for std's etc. if u are protected and confident, go ahead and have those one night stands if u are comfortable and horny...jeez, men have been having them forever with whores. It's finally time women are open with their sexuality just as long as they are smart, confident and having fun all at the same time.

Blah...would suck not knowing about sexual compatibility which u can only know about through experience with different partners.
    Sorry, Don't agree in the least. When it's good its good. No need to keep looking. You're talking about variety and that has NOTHING to do with sexual compatibility.

grew up with parents that didn't talk about sex at home. I learnt about sex from school. I remember in elementary school the teachers gave us all condoms, told us about the birds and the bees and even in elementary schools washrooms were tampon dispensary and next to it was a condom dispensary for 25 cents. Yes a school for kids kindergarten to grade 7 had condom machines in each washroom. I learned the most bout sex (like most kids do)
    Thank you for making my point.

More and more parents talk to their kids and it shows in the vastly lower teen preg rate. Granted....it's still too high.

I went surfing this morning at a spot in San Diego and took my kid....it just happens to be a nude beach. We never made a big deal of the fact and he had a good laugh. This is I think where parents fail....hiding sex and treating it as taboo. Lots of people would consider me a irrsponsible parent I'm guessing

I certinaly wouldn't consider you irresponsible. One you're actually interacting and doing stuff with your son and two, you didn't shreek like a girl and run from the situation. I agree.. hinding sex, not talking about it, parents not bringing it up first is a big part of the problem. Kids are going to have sex. There are fewer and fewer people living a structured religious dogma that dictates how they should conduct themselves until marriage. It's up to parents to prepare their children so that their children are educated enough to make good solid decisions that will protect their emotional and sexual health.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    I can't believe the number of young guys who are too irresponsible to protect themselves.

thats a good one. we often forget that the men have the same responsibility.

Quote Originally Posted by InYourFACE View Post
    thats a good one. we often forget that the men have the same responsibility.
    Yes but young girls cannot expect the guy to provide a condom. If she's sexually active then she should be just as prepared as he is by carrying her own condom and being ready to say NO if he refuses to put one on or tries to talk her into going without. There is the morning after pill should a condom break. Unlike Maple who could be her own population source if she's not careful , most women respond well to Plan "B".

The saying "I'll pull out, don't worry" wouldn't exist if no guy has ever muttered those words. Each person has to be responsible for their own selves without exception.

Sorry, Don't agree in the least. When it's good its good. No need to keep looking. You're talking about variety and that has NOTHING to do with sexual compatibility.
    How would u know if it's the greatest sex ever if u don't experience variety? What is the probability you are totally compatible with the first boy/girl u meet? Many ppl Marry the first person they dated only to find out later when divorced that the sex all that time was really not that great in comparison with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakeup View Post
    Yes but young girls cannot expect the guy to provide a condom. If she's sexually active then she should be just as prepared as he is by carrying her own condom and being ready to say NO if he refuses to put one on or tries to talk her into going without. There is the morning after pill should a condom break. Unlike Maple who could be her own population source if she's not careful , most women respond well to Plan "B".

The saying "I'll pull out, don't worry" wouldn't exist if no guy has ever muttered those words. Each person has to be responsible for their own selves without exception.
    What if the girl was a psycho and poked holes in her condoms she decides to use?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast