+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Need a little Clarity

Need a little Clarity

Hello everyone

Theres a girl I work with (I know I know but hear me out). Shes part time and leaving soon and Im not gonna be there much longer either. Now ive liked her for a while and my feelings seem to be growing. We flirt alot back and forth and im assuming its nothing because she says she has a boyfriend but he lives 4 hours away. My one friend talks to her too sometimes. He keeps trying to convince me to try to get with her and he tells me that she doesnt actually have a boyfriend but I dunno.

Now the issue im having is that I have no idea if she does have a boyfriend or not. the flirting gets to the point where people think we are dating. Even some things she texts (nothing perverted or bad in that sense.) and I know its hard to convey tone and stuff over text. Like yesterday we were supposed to hang out wearing our favorite teams jersey (we have the same favorite team) and she couldnt find hers so she texted me and I brought an extra. Our shifts went a little long and we didnt have as much time as we thought, so we didnt end up wearing them and I left them there by accident. I then texted her and asked if she could grab them for me and she replied "Anything for you". I know its probably nothing but still

She never really mentions him around me. I only heard her telling someone else when she first started. Im not sure if its just a "back off for now till I get to know you more" type thing. Ive asked her to hang out after work a few times and she always says yes, as long as she has nothing planned. Like the other week, I asked her after work if she was up for mini golf (she mentioned before that we should play sometime) but they took it out because it was an out door course and its getting cold. Instead we made plans to go eat somewhere but we didnt have much time because our shifts went late and there was a staff party that night. She had to set up and I had hockey. We still ate but since we were rushed I asked if she was ok with another time where we dont have to rush. She was ok with that.

At the party we talked a bit, and after a bit my previously mentioned friend pulled me onto the dance floor. just as a song ended and a slow song came on. I tried sneaking off but she grabbed my hand and pulled me into her so I did the slow dance with her. It was weird though, the slow dance I know you place your hand on her hip and grip hands. But she made me hold her close, my hand on the small of her back, she nuzzled her head right into my shoulder and intertwined our fingers. My friend saw this and smiled at me during the dance.

Now I know all this could mean nothing at all because she did say a while ago she had a boyfriend. Am I reading too much into this? I just dont want to overstep boundaries here, but I also dont wanna miss a chance with her if I have one. anyways sorry about the novel and thanks for reading it

if she's leaving soon then you may as well go for it, whats there to lose? apart from a massive meat head driving 4 hours cos you made a move on his girl? nah.
    do it do it do it!

Look, if she lied about having a boyfriend and now she's flirting big time with you she either:
    1. Really has a boyfriend but is flirting with you which makes her someone who doesnt' take relationships seriously or
    2. She doesn't have a BF but lied to you.

So she's either a liar or unable to accept the rules of relationships (you don't flirt like that when you're in a relationship). Either way she's a ****wit and I'd stay clear. Perhaps she likes to play games? Or enjoys the attention?

I dont care what your story is or what your feelings are,

stay away from dating colleagues

there are to many story's here about how wrong it went. and how it affects your work when its over.

learn for once from others mistakes.