+ Follow This Topic

Thread: She's gotten married....

She's gotten married....

Someone I am still in love with has just gotten engaged. I have so much regret inside of me that it hurts. I thrived on the idea of us getting back together. But now... How the hell do you move on from this? I can't see it happening. I miss her so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Stayalive View Post
    I thrived on the idea of us getting back together.
    Better rethink your plans then. Whether you miss her so much is irrelevant now. Get a grip and move on. Plenty of other women out there. Find one and **** the hell out of her - you'll soon forget about 'oh what was her name'

Quote Originally Posted by Stayalive View Post
    Someone I am still in love with has just gotten engaged. I have so much regret inside of me that it hurts. I thrived on the idea of us getting back together. But now... How the hell do you move on from this? I can't see it happening. I miss her so much.
    If she has gotten engaged that means some time has passed, and she definitely made the decision that you two didn't have a future. So why are you still living in the past? or has reality has finally set in that it is truly over......I agree you really need to get a grip, and shake this feeling. You are ripping yourself off here. You miss opportunities to meet someone that would mean the world to you, and bring you great happiness because you are obsessing over someone that clearly feels nothing for you anymore. See how stupid that is? It's not worth it man.

Thanks man.

It is stupid...you're right. Thanks for responding.

She has moved on. She is engaged. Whenever you feel ready, move on, too.
    (Have you seen My Best Friend's Wedding? Plenty of examples of what not to do there.)

One thing that might help you moving on is to make a list of the things you hated about her back then.
    Right now you are only focusing on everything that is wonderful about her. That is not a real picture, you
    are deleting from the picture all the things that were not so great.

I hope it helps. Let us know how you are doing.

Don't make any lists about her... that would be you continuing to keep her in your head. Just make a concious effort to change the channel in your head from the one that is all about her. You've been wallowing in your reverie of her and it's time to shut down the reruns starring her.

You've become addicted to your state of "regret." Can you give me one positive reason why you would want to keep doing this?

Join a co-ed sports team and start interacting with healthy, toned and available woman so that you can concentrate on the ass in front of you (beach volleyball is best for that visual) instead of the ass you left behind.

you mst have had enough time to tell her and all of that. but didnt.

So let her live her life. and you do you. start avoiding thinking about her.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Move on. All you can do.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Thanks everyone.