+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Confused about Breakup

Confused about Breakup

I was dating this guy and everything was going good, or so I thought. We spent time together and he never acted like he wasn't interested. Two days ago, I was at his house and he said we needed time apart. I asked him if he didn't like me anymore or if he just needed time. He said he just needed time because he was stressed out. I am so confused, I don't know if he said he needed time apart to be nice, or if he really is stressed and needs time to get things together. I still care for him and want to be with him, but if he doesn't want to get back together, than I will move on. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

I think you should calm down and just wait, if u really love him However if it seems to last forever, give it all up and find another guy...
    Without you I'm nothing...

You can safely move on, IMHO. He couldn't have been serious about you. Don't sit around and waste your time waiting.

lol, I love your optimism Queenie.
    Last edited by shafkore; 01-08-03 at 01:18 PM.
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

What, the optimism that she can always find someone better than that? Like, say, a person who'll actually want to be with her? I'd call that realism.
    Last edited by IceQueen; 01-08-03 at 10:13 AM.

Ky, I say you give him some time. Maybe a week or so. Then you calmly approach him (via telephone or in person. no e-mail/e-chat) and ask him about his stresses. Ask him how he is doing. Tell him, "You hope he is feeling better." Then slowly bring the subject of you and him up and see what he says. From that, I would then choose to make a step: for the worse or for the better (with regards towards your two's relationship).

Maybe this is where you could use Queenie's rash approach/conjecture.

Just make sure you have the facts down first. For all you know he could be going through some serious issues in his life. Maybe he is having problems at school ? Maybe he is having problems at work ? Maybe his dad is beating his mom up again ?

Get the facts down. Then make your decision.
    "I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see."
    - John Burroughs

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    nevermind giving him time. this happened to my friend and i feel that he needs time to organize his thoughts upon how to break up with you. by taking this initial step, you're starting to see a change in his feelings and you question the results that may happen. it will only torqure yourself to wait, so talk to him soon and tell him that if he feels that he has started to fade, come look for you in the future and tell him to ask you if you still have feelings for him. don't bother waiting for him because this is just delaying the inevitable. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I don't see giving a weeks time too much to ask for someone you love.

I'd rather be safe then sorry if it was my case. The facts are the most important thing.

I'm not saying he isn't going to dump her later on. He might just do that. But what if he...

Basic decency for others is what it comes down to.

A week.
    Last edited by shafkore; 02-08-03 at 09:30 AM.
    - John Burroughs